Homebrew Stupid Question about AL9H

Maturan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry ik this is probably a dumb question but what exactly does a9lh do? ive downgraded to 9.2.0 im in the process of just reinstalling menuhax and im going to then do Decrypt9 stuff to make a backup but what exactly are the advantages of having Luma3ds, etc. And also how do i update my 3ds to be able to use newer games but still be able to have access to CFW, etc. Emunand? Help pls lol

Last edited by Maturan,

KytuzuEX

Recreate your Re:Creators by Recreating.
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
For more info and see the guide: https://3ds.guide/

What does this guide install?

This guide has the end goal of taking a completely unmodified 3DS from stock firmware to arm9loaderhax powered Custom Firmware. On some versions, it utilizes homebrew as a jumping off point, but Custom Firmware is still the goal.

Arm9loaderhax is the newest and best method of launching Custom Firmware that gives us nearly full control of the system only milliseconds into boot, which is similar to the effect of BootMii for the Wii.

The benefits of arm9loaderhax over other Custom Firmware launch methods are numerous, and as such it is recommended to use this guide over any other that relies on outdated software (such as menuhax or rxTools).

What can I do with Custom Firmware?
  • Play all game cards and eShop games, regardless of region
  • Customize your HOME Menu with user-created themes and badges
  • Use “ROM hacks” for games that you own
  • Take gameplay and application screenshots
  • Backup, edit, and restore saves for many games
  • Play games for older systems with various emulators, using RetroArch or other standalone emulators. (Works best with a New Nintendo 3DS)
  • Install homebrew titles to your system, and have them appear on your HOME Menu
  • Dump your game cards to a format you can install, and play them without needing the card
  • New 3DS only: stream live gameplay to your PC wirelessly with NTR CFW
  • Run many old Nintendo DS flash carts that were blocked long ago or never worked on Nintendo 3DS
  • Safely update to the latest system version without fear of losing access to homebrew

Reactions: Zidapi and Maturan
D

Deleted User

It allows you to run cfw natively through your sysnand which means you can update your sysnand normally and still keep a9lh,you have access to alot of tools that run before the 3ds even boots up allowing you to recover from a brick without a hardmod.You can even boot the 3ds without a sd card so if you ever loose your sd card you will still have a functional 3ds.Did I mention the 100% bootrate?

Last edited by ,

Maturan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Allright so I could install Pokemon Sun and Moon CIA to my 3ds and play them online without any trouble??

Maturan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Damn shouldve thought of this before i bought the SKy 3DS+ yesterday xD

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So after installing everything is there a tutorial i could go to to get what i need for installing CIAs on my 3ds by any chance

D

Deleted User

Damn shouldve thought of this before i bought the SKy 3DS+ yesterday xD

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So after installing everything is there a tutorial i could go to to get what i need for installing CIAs on my 3ds by any chance
Installing CIA files is as simple as getting FBI (which the guide includes) finding the CIA file and pressing install.Once it's done the installed file pops up as a gift wrap and that's pretty much it.

Reactions: Maturan

Conrad_Hart

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Just being a bit cheeky but AL9H doesn't do anything. In fact I don't believe it exists. A9LH on the other hand... That's a different story

Maturan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry i dont know how to edit the title lol, im done everything but when i open the homebrew launcher from the home menu it says failed to download the actual payload

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you just paid for the Sky3DS yesterday try to cancel the order unless you really prefer to run your games on a flashcart than .cia installs

D

Deleted User

If you just paid for the Sky3DS yesterday try to cancel the order unless you really prefer to run your games on a flashcart than .cia installs
It doesn't hurt to have a backup plan in case he wants to save space on his sd card.He will still need a private header though if he wants to play online with it.

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't hurt to have a backup plan in case he wants to save space on his sd card.He will still need a private header though if he wants to play online with it.
I just bought a 256GB SD card this weekend for my 3DS cause I only had 2-3GB of space left on my 128GB.

The price of SD cards arent as outrageous as they used to be.

D

Deleted User

I just bought a 256GB SD card this weekend for my 3DS cause I only had 2-3GB of space left on my 128GB.

The price of SD cards arent as outrageous as they used to be.
I know there cheap,I got a 32gb last year for under 15$.Its still a good option to have for a legal 3ds that cant downgrade.Mabe space wasn't the best example but still,it doesn't hurt to have more options available.

I'm curious to know how much 256gb sd cards are now though since I never thought they existed otherwise I probably would of went higher.

Last edited by ,

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know there cheap,I got a 32gb last year for under 15$.Its still a good option to have for a legal 3ds that cant downgrade.Mabe space wasn't the best example but still,it doesn't hurt to have more options available.

I'm curious to know how much 256gb sd cards are now though since I never thought they existed otherwise I probably would of went higher.
As far as I know the highest I've ever seen is 512GB. I'm sure 1TB exists too but I've never seen it and even if it was available the price per space would be outrageous.

I bought my 256GB card for $112 but its possible to find them lower if you really look hard enough.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!