Hacking Stuck while trying to install boot9strap (ntrboot)

VVLV

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Austria
Hey everybody, hope someone is able to help me with this:

stock N3DS, FW 11.6
This card nds-card com/ProShow.asp?ProID=575 that is supposedly pre-flashed with ntrboot

I follow the instructions from here 3ds.hacks.guide/installing-boot9strap-(ntrboot)

Everything is copied to the N3DS' SD Card.

Now here is where I'm stuck:
I place the magnet to the sleep mode trigger point, insert the R4, and try powering the N3DS on while holding select, start and X buttons, holding it for a few seconds, but nothing happens.
I've tried it several times, I'm always stuck with a black screen, when I remove the magnet it'll just be the regular start screen, and the R4 card is displayed as some japanese game modul.

Where am I going wrong here, do you press all buttons at the same time, did I miss something? I'm really stuck.

Hunter

i'ma stuffup the board
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.bundleupdates.com
XP
Country
Australia

stock N3DS, FW 11.6
This card nds-card com/ProShow.asp?ProID=575 that is supposedly pre-flashed with ntrboot

I follow the instructions from here 3ds.hacks.guide/installing-boot9strap-(ntrboot)

I place the magnet to the sleep mode trigger point, insert the R4, and try powering the N3DS on while holding select, start and X buttons, holding it for a few seconds, but nothing happens.
I've tried it several times, I'm always stuck with a black screen, when I remove the magnet it'll just be the regular start screen, and the R4 card is displayed as some japanese game modul.

Where am I going wrong here, do you press all buttons at the same time, did I miss something? I'm really stuck.

make sure the switch on the inside of the R4i is switched to N

dont put the 3ds in sleep mode, TURN OFF the 3ds then place the magnet in the location that put it to sleep

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic

stock N3DS, FW 11.6

If you are geting stuck on black screen, your 3ds just can't find boot.firm. Make sure your SD is readable/working and that boot.firm (renamed safe_b9s_installer) is in root of sd.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: yeah, i'm Anyone, that's just not my alias here