Homebrew Stuck on Gridlauncher...

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
It's easier to finish what you started than going back to your starting point. Follow our instructions instead of ignoring us or YOU WILL PERMANENTLY DAMAGE YOUR UNIT IF YOU KEEP DOING STUFF BLIND.

MagicalFTW

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sigh.... You haven't finished the guide. Finish the guide. You're still at 2.1.0. You're not supposed to stay there.
Well you know I would continue but I'm stuck in this one part, which is why I'm kinda asking for help, but I go to the http and it just doesn't load anything in my 3ds

Mark McDonut

GBATemp's Resident Ghostbuster
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do you have arm11.bin and arm9.bin on the root of your sd card? that's what the website is trying to load

also, you're going to need a newer firmware for pokemon sun to launch correctly, 2.1 is old as dirt.

2 important things:

don't UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE CLOSE THE LID WHILE ITS ON you will insta-brick, new3ds can't initialize sleep mode ON 2.1 and it permabricks.

make sure you have a current a9lh firmware before you start trying to play anything, what you're doing is trying to drive a half-built car.

Last edited by Mark McDonut,

MagicalFTW

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do you have arm11.bin and arm9.bin on the root of your sd card? that's what the website is trying to load

also, you're going to need a newer firmware for pokemon sun to launch correctly, 2.1 is old as dirt.

2 important things:

don't UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE CLOSE THE LID WHILE ITS ON you will insta-brick, new3ds can't initialize sleep mode ON 2.1 and it permabricks.

make sure you have a current a9lh firmware before you start trying to play anything, what you're doing is trying to drive a half-built car.

2 important things:

I can't find arm11.bin

MagicalFTW

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought you already had A9LH installed? Didn't you say that you could access the Luma menu?
I'm not sure, ever since I got to the last step I couldn't go back to soundhax if that's what your asking. What does the luma menu say?

MagicalFTW

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

2 important things:

I have arm9.bin but where do I download arm11.bin?

Mark McDonut

GBATemp's Resident Ghostbuster
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you need arm9loaderhax.bin at the root of your sd card. it's what youre trying to install and very well might not be there if you originally didnthave arm9.bin and arm11.bin at root.

be VERY careful, make sure you have all the files referenced/downloadable at the beginning of the guide on your sd card as you go (don't randomly google the files you need, god knows what will happen), make sure you extracted the correct zips to your sd card, etc and don't rush through the guide or try playing it in the middle of the setup or you're going to brick your 3ds

Last edited by Mark McDonut,

MagicalFTW

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you need arm9loaderhax.bin at the root of your sd card. it's what youre trying to install and very well might not be there if you originally didnthave arm9.bin and arm11.bin at root.

be VERY careful, make sure you have all the files referenced/downloadable at the beginning of the guide on your sd card as you go (don't randomly google the files you need, god knows what will happen), make sure you extracted the correct zips to your sd card, etc and don't rush through the guide or try playing it in the middle of the setup or you're going to brick your 3ds
I do have it at the root of my sd card

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
This is completely incorrect. arm9loaderhax.bin is not installed, it what is loaded when A9LH is installed, and, when following the guide, should be from Luma, whereas arm9.bin and arm11.bin should be from SafeA9LHInstaller.

I do have it at the root of my sd card
Could you tell us what the contents of the a9lh on the root of your SD card is? Also ensure that SafeA9LHInstaller.dat is on the root of your SD card.

Last edited by Xiphiidae,

MagicalFTW

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is completely incorrect. arm9loaderhax.bin is not installed, it what is loaded when A9LH is installed, and, when following the guide, should be from Luma, whereas arm9.bin and arm11.bin should be from SafeA9LHInstaller.

Could you tell us what the contents of the a9lh on the root of your SD card is? Also ensure that SafeA9LHInstaller.dat is on the root of your SD card.
Some of my files are .7z and not .dat. The files in my a9lg folder are firm0.bin firm0_100.bin firm1.bin otp.bin release.7z secret_sector.bin

MagicalFTW

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so we have a few problems here. First of all, you need smea's new boot.3dsx from the starter kit plus the new version of hans to run pokemon sun. Secondly, you shouldnt be using hans or that kid's guide. If you get a custom firmware, you can use saltysd, which saves space by letting you only copy tje new files to the sd card. It also is waaaay more convinient than hans, as hans doesnt have the best compatibility. To install a cfw, follow this guide here: 3ds.guide. It is extremely thorough and easy to understand. If you have any questions you can asl here. Just please, do not use a video tutorial to install a cfw as they become outdated super quickly. After you install a cfw, I can teach you how to use saltysd and randmonize sun and moon.
i installed the cfw, could you help me install saltysd and randomize Pokemon SuMo?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Wish they would let us play the NCAA football 14 on newer xbox, its one of the only games I love...