Hacking Stuck in Pokemon Sun

phazonknight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey everyone, so i was playing pokemon sun as a .cia file and got as far as getting the pokefinder however I can't continue the game now since the game for some stupid reason forces you to use the camera function and as soon as i try to load the pokefinder i get "SD card not recognized. Please power off and reinstall SD card".

Not sure what to really do, I have switched the SD card and error still occurs; SD card works fine since .cia files are working on it as well as save files so idk I guess im stuck.

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Hey everyone, so i was playing pokemon sun as a .cia file and got as far as getting the pokefinder however I can't continue the game now since the game for some stupid reason forces you to use the camera function and as soon as i try to load the pokefinder i get "SD card not recognized. Please power off and reinstall SD card".

Not sure what to really do, I have switched the SD card and error still occurs; SD card works fine since .cia files are working on it as well as save files so idk I guess im stuck.
Reinstall the game. Be sure to back up save data and extra data first!

phazonknight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I dont think its the game, for some reason the camera app on my 3ds can't read my SD card and since pokemon sun now decided to take random photos and forces you to do it I get this error.

Dead_Red

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I am having this issue as well and I have the legit copy. I really don't know what to do. I have tried clearing all save data, i checked sd card corruption and thats not it. The sd cards i used are both brand new and still didnt work. This is the screen that continues to show up:
sy45g0.jpg

phazonknight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yea thats the error I'm getting as well, I get the same error when I go in my camera app also. Everything else works and can read my SD card.

phazonknight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have my theories, my SD card did not have a DCIM folder, but when I created one myself it still did not work. Does the 3ds need to build that folder itself for it to work I wonder?

Dead_Red

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea thats the error I'm getting as well, I get the same error when I go in my camera app also. Everything else works and can read my SD card.

I have my theories, my SD card did not have a DCIM folder, but when I created one myself it still did not work. Does the 3ds need to build that folder itself for it to work I wonder?
Yeah but mines has the DCIM folder already. Any other ideas?

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just in case this is the issue. You didn't accidentally lock the SD card did you? I'm talking about the notch on the left side of the card.

Dead_Red

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does your camera app work? Or does it say "SD card error" when you enter it Dead_Red?
This is what I get... hmmmm.....
658kgp.jpg

Just in case this is the issue. You didn't accidentally lock the SD card did you? I'm talking about the notch on the left side of the card.
Yea I made sure of that every time. There is no way that they would have been locked

phazonknight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hmm thats a different error than mine, I get an SD card error. However, I did install a hacked camera app and for some reason that one works just fine and saves to SD card and what not. I wonder if the camera app can be updated, or deleted and reinstalled or something?
(Also tried pkmn sun with the hacked camera app, still the same error)
I'm wondering if I can loan my save file out to someone who can get past that one part and then send it back to me so I can continue...

Dead_Red

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I cant exactly do that since im on physical copy. I just wished somebody could help us out. IDK what to do.

phazonknight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I could be wrong but doesn't the savedatafiler app let you extract save files from the physical cart? Again could be completely wrong, but I'm still troubleshooting but my knowledge on this kind of isolated error is limited so I'm not sure what else I can try. Have you changed SD card Dead_Red?
*EDIT* if your camera app is in read-only it would also show that you would get an error in sun since it is attempting to use the same camera app

Last edited by phazonknight,

Dead_Red

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could be wrong but doesn't the savedatafiler app let you extract save files from the physical cart? Again could be completely wrong, but I'm still troubleshooting but my knowledge on this kind of isolated error is limited so I'm not sure what else I can try. Have you changed SD card Dead_Red?
Yea I can but in my desire to play pokemon Sun i updated my FW so i dont have homebrew rn until I update Ninjhax but yes you are correct there is such an app. I havent tried it yet but its too late since im right at the point of the pokefinder.

phazonknight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Argh, I really wish the game didn't try and force you to do this weird voyeurism nonsense of taking a picture through a crack in a damn wall!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: My therapy chair is padded