Stuck dpad button

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by clonesniper666, Jul 13, 2009.

Jul 13, 2009

Stuck dpad button by clonesniper666 at 7:53 PM (1,719 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. clonesniper666
    OP

Member clonesniper666 KRII LUN AUS

United States
    Okay I was wondering if anyone on here knows if it is possible to fix a the d pad when one of the buttons is stuck. I am currently bidding on a slim model on ebay that has the down button on the d pad stuck. So could I fix it or would it just be a waste of time and money?

2. DarkWay

Member DarkWay tsubasa hiroge

United Kingdom
    if the d-pad is just stuck then just take the face plate off (careful not to scratch the screen) make sure the d-pad is in the right place, screwed in and not broken then put the faceplate back on if its all ok. if the d-pad is broken just buy a new one off dealextreme its like $3 but you'll have to wait a week or 2 for the goods to arrive then just swicth the d-pads and its done really simple fix.

3. clonesniper666
    OP

Member clonesniper666 KRII LUN AUS

United States
    Awesome thanks, I thought that you could replace it if it needed it and my friend already has a spare dpad from his original, but will the dpad from a fat fite into a slim model is my next question.

4. Law

Member Law rip ninjacat that zarcon made me

United Kingdom
    Probably not, but you could use the D-Pad buttons from http://dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.21254

You might not even need to replace the buttons, though.