popal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello,
I managed to run Bathaxx on my vWii and I'm using a 2GB SD card, but when opening boot.elf, it just freezes there at "Valid Elf Image Detected" with the text on black background.
I tried formatting fat and fat32, same thing happens, any ideas what to do?

popal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
What SD cards have people tried?
I tried both Transcend 2GB and Hama 2GB and they both didn't work. My Wii U is new and I never hacked Wii Mode before, what gives?

popal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Can I rename this thread's name? I want to make it clear that I'm trying to run the Homebrew Launcher on vWii...

So right now, I've tried both SD cards, formatted several times fat/fat32, tried different cluster sizes, same thing happens...
I captured my screen when my Wii U hang up here http://oi66.tinypic.com/eg94p.jpg
For the record before, it used to freeze right at "Valid ELF image detected." (that message was at the bottom of the screen), now it continues further and has an exception, I never could recreate the first situation again.

So, is the problem with my Wii U, or the SD cards?
Keep in my mind I bought my Wii U new (Super Mario Maker Bundle) in Germany, it came with firmware 5.3.2 E, it works absolutely fine with original discs, and I can run loadiine and other Wii U homebrew on it. I never did tamper with vWii. My serial number is FEM10837XXX. Is it possible that some models of Wii U got patched and can't be vWii softmoded?

Last edited by popal,

Otelo2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I don't think that vwii has ever been patched, if you can (and if it works) you can try and use letterbomb perhaps
Edit: forget what I said. You should download your boot again.

Last edited by Otelo2,

popal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
My Wii U is 5.3.2 spoofed to 5.5.1, but it shouldn't be a problem right?
I found someone on youtube who is probably using the same Transcend 2GB SD card, so it's probably something with my Wii U...
I'm thinking of trying Smash Stack. Should I or will it be a worthless endeavor?

Last edited by popal,

popal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@Otelo2 , you were right my boot.elf file was corrupted (It had a different Hash), I even had copied all the files/folders from SD before, and kept recopying those after reformatting several times, everytime using a corrupted boot.elf :rofl2:

Now I used the files from the archive again, and I'm dumping the NAND as we speak :D

Reactions: Otelo2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: hi