Stuck at a9lh installer (plailect guide)

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by shane88, Nov 18, 2016.

1. shane88
    OP

shane88 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 18, 2016
    Gambia, The
    I am currently in the process of installing Luma3DS on my old 3DSXL.
    I followed the guide line for line and now I'm stuck at Section II - Installing arm9loaderhax.

My problem is that after pressing select and installing A9LH I'm stuck in what looks like a boot loop. If my SD card is plugged into the 3DS, it always boots directly to the A9LH installer. If the SD card is not plugged it, the blue light shortly flashes up and then the 3DS shuts down again.
    https://plailect.github.io/Guide/installing-arm9loaderhax

Like I said, I followed the guide and read everything three times. I'm actually a bit afraid that I might have bricked it. Hopefully you can help me.

2. 4gionz

4gionz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 16, 2014
    Canada
    You didn't brick place the arm9loaderhax.bin from luma 3ds on your sd card

It's part of the guide but you must have put the arm9loaderhax.bin from safearm9loaderhax installer instead.

Arm9loaderhax (what your installing) simply reads whatever file is called arm9loaderhax.bin from your sd, if it can't find any it simply shuts down, that's why your 3ds is shutting down indicating your installation was successful. If your .bin file is a cfw then you have cfw at boot but you seem to have the exploit installer .bin on your root so your device is simply rebooting into the installer causing your "boot loop"

Last edited by 4gionz, Nov 18, 2016
  3. shane88
    OP

shane88 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 18, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Ah nice, that actually worked flawlessly. Wonder why that's not in the guide.

Thank you very much, you just saved me from a lot of frustration.

4. 4gionz

4gionz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 16, 2014
    Canada
    It is in step 12.:) But it's alright these walls of texts can get confusing.

5. Mikemk

Mikemk GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 26, 2015
    United States
    Because you didn't read closely enough.

EDIT: Ninja'd

6. shane88
    OP

shane88 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 18, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Oh yeah, that part. I actually misread that and copied the .bin to my desktop instead of overwriting it on the sd root. No wonder it didn't work.

Thanks again, guys.