Streetpass Plaza Features?

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by midnight1001, Dec 15, 2011.

Dec 15, 2011
  1. midnight1001
    OP

Newcomer midnight1001 Advanced Member

Australia
    Hi everyone as you all know we had the big update a few days ago which included the streetpass plaza update. Everything seemed fine until i looked it up on the internet and saw that some users had a globe and a slideshow option which i do not have.. Why is this i updated fine but still wont appear and neither on my brothers 3ds as well. Because we dont have the globe or slideshow is it something to do with the region 3ds we have. My 3ds is PAL and region australia. Does this matter.
    Oh and just one more thing what exactly does the spotpass do wwith the plaza.
    Anyways any help appreciated. Thankyou.

2. Ryupower

Member Ryupower Brood

United States
    do you have 3.0.0.-5 fw
    is SpotPass enabled in streetpass plaza setting

slideshow
    do you have ANY puzzles done

globe
    Have you got any Miis by way of street pass

3. boombox

Member boombox GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Are you connected to the internet at home? Maybe it needs another shot at downloading the update, someone else posted something about this not long ago, but I didn't see what the final conclusion was, maybe look it up on GBATemp?

Do you mean what are the new plaza updates? There are more puzzles, more dungeons (for hats) this ONLY appears as a choice once you have completed all the puzzles and both the dungeons. You also get an accomplishment list (how many steps, how many mii's you've met, how many streetpass quests you've completed), a streetpass map (how many people you have met in certain regions/countries) a slideshow of all the 3d picture's you've completed, and a music player of all the songs within mii plaza (more to be unlocked with dungeon gameplay I think) Plus it adds people that you've played against online into your mii plaza (with restricted info).

I love the latest update for it, hope you find a solution.

4. Fyrus

Member Fyrus Artilleur Carmin

France
    I believe the Globe options only show if your country is compatible and if you have already met someone from another state/region than you.

5. Jax

Member Jax Pip Pip Cheerioink!

Portugal
    I don't have any globes, so my region must be incompatible.

DAMN YOU NINTENDO!

6. Fyrus

Member Fyrus Artilleur Carmin

France
    That's only an assumption based on comments I've read around.

Make sure you've met someone from another region as well, I think Portugal is decouped in relations to towns, as far as I know.

7. mariofanatic64

Member mariofanatic64 The guy who does things

Australia
    If it's worth anything I still haven't got the new puzzles for the puzzle swap despite having completed all of the first ones. But I noticed we are both from Australia and both have had problems with the update, not getting the stuff.

Is it possible to re-perform the update? If so then we might be able to fix this...

8. midnight1001
    OP

Australia
    hi thx for the replies i havent completed even 1 puzzel yet due to bad streetpass in my area and my playcoins only get me pieces i already have... so that xplains the slideshow not being there... however i have met someone from another country (singapore) and i live in australia. is this the same region like australasia or something.
    again thx for your help

9. mariofanatic64

Australia
    i'm pretty sure that would count as another region. there's regions like Europe, United States, etc. But I think in this case it refers to States and Countries, not just Continents.

10. midnight1001
    OP

Australia
    i suppose someone with the globe map thing could tell us... anyone??

11. 8BitWalugi

Member 8BitWalugi Taiyohhhhhh!

Australia
    Australia isn't on the globe, so it just doesn't show in general. Change your region to the UK or something and it'll show up.

The slideshow is caus you haven't finished any puzzles.

12. mariofanatic64

Australia
    That makes me wonder. Would it be possible to fix my Puzzle Swap problem by changing the region?

13. midnight1001
    OP

Australia
    ok so its because i am living in australia. Just great seriously nintendo why is it so hard to give us that feature its not like netflix where its not avaliable in australia.
    damn you nintendo i am seriously considering buying a psp at least australia wont be excluded yet again...

14. midnight1001
    OP

Australia
    wait i may not have the globe but i do have the new puzzles and like i said i havent finished any. i didnt get them at first but i left my 3ds in sleep mode and i got 2 new notifications about streetpass quest 2 and about the new puzzles they even gave me a free piece to the super mario 3d land one

15. ferofax

Member ferofax End of the World

Philippines
    i don't think i have that globe... i only have that US map since my region is set to US (i can't very well set it to my country, Nintendo forgot it exists).

i do have that slideshow though.

16. Eon-Rider

Member Eon-Rider GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    I feel the same way. We're an entire freakin' continent and we don't get features like StreetPass Map.