Streaming PS3 games to tablets

Discussion in 'PS3 - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by WiiUBricker, Aug 13, 2015.

1. WiiUBricker
    OP

WiiUBricker Fake News Reporter

Sep 19, 2009
    Argentina
    Espresso
    So basically what I want is use my android tablet as a display for PS3 games. Since I'm not aware of any tablet that has HDMI-Input, some workaround is needed. There are two possibilities in my mind:

1) Use some sort of an HDMI-to-microUSB adapter to connect my PS3 with my tablet
    2) Use a capture card on my PC and stream the output to my tablet

-->1) No idea if this is possible at all. The theory is converting the HDMI signal to a USB signal with an adapter, then forwarding it to my tablet and use an app (which one?) to display the content. Has someone done this before?

-->2) This should be possible though there are concerns over quality and input lag. I don't know where to begin with this. What capture card should I use? Does something like Chromecast work? What software do I use on PC and tablet?

PS: Perhaps someone happens to know a tablet with HDMI-Input? Preferably 5-8 inches. Thanks!

2. BlackWizzard17

BlackWizzard17 Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.

Dec 1, 2012
    United States
    E-Arth
    Number two is a definite possibility although you might need a good/fast internet connection if everything is connected through WiFi.
    As for number one. I did a quick Google search and may have found something
    HERE although it has a very big screen.
    Not sure how it would work as of making the Video Signal appear on the screen of the device but it does say it has a HDMI-in port, I honestly never heard of a tablet with such port.

3. WiiUBricker
    OP

Sep 19, 2009
    Argentina
    Espresso
    Thanks. But that's 21.5 inches. I need something that I can go to bed with :ph34r:

4. BlackWizzard17

BlackWizzard17 Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.

Dec 1, 2012
    United States
    E-Arth
    Yeah I figured. Streaming the video footage from a pc is your best bet then afaik.

5. WiiUBricker
    OP

Sep 19, 2009
    Argentina
    Espresso
    I have one of those WLAN HDDs that are basically Hotspots. You can put videos in there, connect your tablet with it and watch them. Do you know of any HDMI capture devices that can be used as WLAN hotspots?

6. KiiWii

KiiWii GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    Whatever happened to ORP?

7. WiiUBricker
    OP

Sep 19, 2009
    Argentina
    Espresso
    What the hell is ORP?

8. KiiWii

KiiWii GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    Open remote play. Was a project to use PC/MAC as second screen like PSP used to be for PS3.

I guess vita filled that hole?

Suprised that its not been hacked for android tabs same way PS4 remote play is hacked and I can play it on my HUDL2.

9. Randomdude0

Randomdude0 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 4, 2015
    Colombia
    The thing is PS3's remote play is not as good as PS4, the output quality will always drop to 480i with some delays and a LOT of games wont even launch.

10. WiiUBricker
    OP

Sep 19, 2009
    Argentina
    Espresso
    There are ways to improve compatibility and video quality with editing the param.sfo file. But you can't fix stuttering sound, which is the most annoying thing about PS3 remote play.