• Total voters

K3Nv2

Village Idiot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a poll to see what everyone is subbed to, I'm curious to know and trust me I'm sure all of us know the work around for "cheaper" content sometimes its just nice opening an app and seeing what's on it. I've been thinking about getting Netflix again but mixed on it currently have hbo max and prime video even tho I keep forgetting prime video exists with Amazon membership lol.

JustMeDaFaq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I do have Netflix, Disney+ and Prime Video currently.
Going to cancel Disney+ probably since i watched everything i wanted on it and there isnt much new.
Netflix is a must for me and well Prime Video, its free with Amazon Prime so a nice addition

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
We're on a friend's Netflix family package thing. We have Prime Video through having Prime, but haven't used it much. It seems like a lot of the things on there that would be worth watching are an extra cost on top of the main subscription, so why bother?

TomRiddle

Yare Yare Daze
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Personally I have Netflix, Prime and Disney+, I use the former the most, the latter is good for any Disney/Marvel and Star Wars related content and Prime is for everything in between.

I live in Canada in comparison to USA so the rollout of more subscription services is slower, but honestly I'd say that's a good thing for myself.

I would personally get too burned out if I had 5+ more subscription services, at that point it starts to feel like cable lol.

Honestly I'm starting to see the point of actually "owning" your media so to speak, content that doesn't get replaced and left would be nice to have.

edit: I canceled Disney+ the day I posted this comment lol

Last edited by TomRiddle,

johnMactavish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Latvia
Mostly Netflix, I have a free subscription from my ISP. Surprisingly, I wouldn't say it's a very popular platform in my area. It's all about the price of the subscription. Most people can't afford it. Although there are those who find a way out, like me with bonuses from providers or do something with DNS codes.

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
I have netflix and prime. but that's because it is what it is. i enjoy youtube videos more these days. like sit and watch a 30 plus minutes video is so hard these days. maybe i have short attention span or maybe watching a soldering/modding video is more fun these days.

Reactions: Takokeshi

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not subscribed to any and considering content is split across so many streaming services it's hard to choose. Live TV is terrible these days, but this is not the answer we wanted.

Anyway, I watch a lot of content from YouTube which is free.

Reactions: Takokeshi

TomRiddle

Yare Yare Daze
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not subscribed to any and considering content is split across so many streaming services it's hard to choose. Live TV is terrible these days, but this is not the answer we wanted.

Anyway, I watch a lot of content from YouTube which is free.
Yeah I agree, live cable and streaming services are in such a bad place right now for consumers that it's getting inconvenient.

Honestly I still haven't changed my thoughts from my last post, I am growing more interested to "own" my media more as time goes by, where it can never come and leave.

It's why a month ago I made my own Plex server and am very impressed on what you can do with media servers.

Honestly I would even daresay that the impression is so extreme that I could (maybe or potentially) quit Netflix or Prime Video for that matter, if not cable.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The only two I use are Netflix and Sky Go.I don't pay for either as I have the login details for Netflix from my friends account. And Sky Go I have my Dad's login details. Can't remember the last time I actually watched anything on Netflix and I only use Sky Go to watch Formula 1.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only two I use are Netflix and Sky Go.I don't pay for either as I have the login details for Netflix from my friends account. And Sky Go I have my Dad's login details. Can't remember the last time I actually watched anything on Netflix and I only use Sky Go to watch Formula 1.
Taking into account the U.K. still has that incessant TV License that's yet another subscription that costs about £160/$210 per year.

People in Britain are very misinformed about it and think owning a TV means they have to pay that fee/subscription. They do, if they watch television on live and the BBC iPlayer.

Hell, they can have the facts right in front of them and they still believe common misconceptions.

mtemtxj.gif

If they can't even figure this out then they should not be able to vote.

Takokeshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I don't really care for anything but youtube, tbh. Out of principle I'll be looking into Premium, I don't really want them to have my details from credit card though so I'll probably just pick up a gift card every couple months and use that instead. I think the pharmacy has them and I need to go there every month anyway so I wouldn't really be going out of my way much for it.

But really though, youtube's a veritable trove of information and entertainment... I couldn't possibly need or care about anything else lol. Way way way better quality content than TV, as well. If there are shows I'm interested in sometimes, I'll just get them and watch them individually (side note: did you know Steam has anime?)

Otherwise I guess you could just get a one-month of pay time to streaming services here and there just to watch the one show you're interested in watching every so often, but meh. That's too much micromanagement for me to care to do.

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night