Hacking Strangest Nintendont Problem

Wellington2k

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK. I have an interesting problem.
I set up a Wii for my friend with Nintendont and a bunch of games. When I did, I tested the game Star Wars: Bounty Hunter on it. It worked perfectly. That was 3 weeks ago.
He went to play the game today, and all he gets is a black screen. Every other game works, except Star Wars: Bounty Hunter. He never updated Nintendont or changed any settings.
Over the next 3 hours, we tried deleting all settings, updating Nintendont, deleting the save, redownloading the disc image, but none of it worked.
It doesn't make any sense to me, especially because all the other games work.
Any help?

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK. I have an interesting problem.
I set up a Wii for my friend with Nintendont and a bunch of games. When I did, I tested the game Star Wars: Bounty Hunter on it. It worked perfectly. That was 3 weeks ago.
He went to play the game today, and all he gets is a black screen. Every other game works, except Star Wars: Bounty Hunter. He never updated Nintendont or changed any settings.
Over the next 3 hours, we tried deleting all settings, updating Nintendont, deleting the save, redownloading the disc image, but none of it worked.
It doesn't make any sense to me, especially because all the other games work.
Any help?

1. Make sure you are not forcing any settings
2. If you are using a USB loader, make sure the per-game settings are correct
3. Check your ISOs MD5 hash with redump.org, it MAY be that you just have crappy luck and have a corrupted ISO and the downloads either were broken or broke when copying
4. Make sure you're using raw ISOs, not optimized/shrunken

Wellington2k

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Make sure you are not forcing any settings
2. If you are using a USB loader, make sure the per-game settings are correct
3. Check your ISOs MD5 hash with redump.org, it MAY be that you just have crappy luck and have a corrupted ISO and the downloads either were broken or broke when copying
4. Make sure you're using raw ISOs, not optimized/shrunken

1. Nothing should be forced. I'm running straight from Nintendont with default settings.
2. I'm not using a USB Loader.
3. I'll check it tomorrow.
4. It's raw.
PS: Nice to see you at this thread as well!

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Nothing should be forced. I'm running straight from Nintendont with default settings.
2. I'm not using a USB Loader.
3. I'll check it tomorrow.
4. It's raw.
PS: Nice to see you at this thread as well!

Ok. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that something likely happened to the ISO since you say that all your other games work fine. If that doesn't work, though, try updating to r301, it fixed quite a bit of stuff that was still messy from the r297 code change

Yeah, same! If it's something in the Wii U forums, (especially hacking/homebrew) you have a good chance of bumping into me ;)

Wellington2k

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If that doesn't work, though, try updating to r301, it fixed quite a bit of stuff that was still messy from the r297 code change

We've already updated to the latest version today.
Yeah, same! If it's something in the Wii U forums, (especially hacking/homebrew) you have a good chance of bumping into me ;)

This is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.
hqdefault.jpg

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Woah, really? It probably is, but I'll double check tomorrow.

Yeah, that's why over on the Nintendont thread we hate it when people say "I have the latest update" when asking help with a bug :creep: They just come out too darn quickly for someone to be sure they really have the latest unless they are stalking the thread

Wellington2k

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is WiiConnect24 turned on? (when you update it shouldn't matter, but if you want to try it after turning wc24 off before updating, I'm curious)
It probably is. But for some strange reason, we can't connect it to the campus wifi, so I updated it manually be deleting the .log, nincfg.bin, and boot.dol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr