Hacking Strange USB HDD Issue

SlimGG

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi guys, pretty much learnt everything i know from these forums but cant seem to see an issue like this. I recently did soft mod on wi and did all the steps and had everything working perfect. Now i have a 500GB HDD and started to save games onto it, and it worked 100% fine now issues. Until today.

Today i run USB Loader X and go to show mates NSMB but the program resets and goes back to normal wii menu. It doesnt seem to be detecting the USB drive anymore. The usb light is on but program wont detect. I plug drive into pc and do a read on it, and sure enough all games are sitting there fine, no issue with that. Try doing it again on wii and it does same thing and resets.

Anyone know whats going on ??

DJBBOY

SlimGG

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
My passport essential 500GB just incase any one asks. Worked fine for a few days, with no issues. Now nothing..

DJBBOY

Gobnoblin

Trophies
XP
Country
make sure its plugged into the proper usb port on the wii.... also be sure its power is correct if it is externally powered.... you may need to have it plugged in before you turn on the wii or plug it in after its already on... sometimes they are temperamental like that... good luck I'm sure others are better at trouble shooting as i only just got mine up and running recently

SlimGG

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
mmmm ok i worked it out. I recently trasnfered all my SD stuff over from a 2GB to a 8GB, and that seemed to not be happy. So im guessing copying data is not right to do for a new sd card when using USB Loader gx ??

DJBBOY

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nope its not the copying, its the sd card. most homebrew doesn't like anything more than 2gb. i had the same issue, even if you manage to get into the program it won't show your covers and stuff from sd. i gave up and am now back with a 2gb

SlimGG

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
interesting stuff. So i guess making sure i keep a close eye on the blocks and such is the best thing to do with a 2gb card right ?

DJBBOY

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
djbboy said:
mmmm ok i worked it out. I recently trasnfered all my SD stuff over from a 2GB to a 8GB, and that seemed to not be happy. So im guessing copying data is not right to do for a new sd card when using USB Loader gx ??

DJBBOY
QUOTE(VashTS @ Dec 22 2009, 01:10 AM) nope its not the copying, its the sd card. most homebrew doesn't like anything more than 2gb. i had the same issue, even if you manage to get into the program it won't show your covers and stuff from sd. i gave up and am now back with a 2gb
It depends on your card. I have an 8GB Sandisk Ultra II and it works fine with Homebrew stuff.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nintendo becomes responsible for 2024s virus +1