Hardware Strange Short?

SteveC4

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I have a few switches and switch lites to practice repairing on.

I have some experience with board repair but it is limited. Had some success repairing two already by replacing graphics IC and M92 etc but this one is confusing me.

The USB C port was damaged so I removed this and tried to power it but it gave a 2001 error so I replaced the M92 and this got it booting to the Home Screen.

Next I replaced the USB C port (first one) I was heating the board from underneath and this has appeared to go well but I did knock a couple of components out of place which I’ve now put back but I have a short where I don’t think it should and certainly doesn’t on my other switch that works. (Older board revision)

The really odd thing is, I’ve taken this part off the board and the short disappears but in testing the chip it’s also not shorted across those pins. Put it back on and off twice now just to be sure no bridged connections but still shows a short as marked on the pic. I’m don’t want to plug power in with this being unanswered! Any ideas? Confused!

25-AA1-A50-48-E1-47-EE-AEBE-67-AE477-C374-C.png

Also, in case it’s important, I’ve tested the USB port in diode mode and don’t get the same reading as the pic or my other switch on OL where marked.

866-EA6-FC-95-CA-4-EE6-A5-DD-2-E7-FA77454-AD.png

Last edited by SteveC4,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn