Strange problem

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by IceIceBird, Jul 28, 2011.

Jul 28, 2011

Strange problem by IceIceBird at 11:43 AM (974 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. IceIceBird
    OP

Member IceIceBird GBAtemp Fan

Sweden
    I have a problem with my original TTDSi. I bought it about 2 years ago and never used it. Today I updated the firmware to the new DSTTi [1.4.2E +3 DS.1.1] Firmware. Did this by putting the files in the root directory of the SD card and then I renamed the file to ttmenu.dat, booted directly into the update. Then I delete these files and copied over RetroGameFan Multi Cart Update v6.61 (of course I formatted the sd card before). Plus a few games that I put in the folder named GAME.
    The problem that now arises is that I can not play any games at all..
    When I try to play a game, I get an error message saying "can not create savegame".
    When I try to view the games again, they have been renamed (the files) to a lot of strange names, plus ttmenu.dat is now dtmenu.dat and ttmenu.sys is renamed to dtmenu.cys, the catalog TTMenu is renamed to DTMENU.
    In doing so, I must first diagnose the disk and then rename all the correct names again. This is very time consuming. And if I skip savegame file, I get the message "[Rom Loading failed] - Open TTMENU.SYS error Please reset system".
    This also gives the same output with the renaming of all files / directories. This is very anoying!

I use a DS Lite.

Does someone have any idea whats going on? Is it some type of file write issue?

2. jurassicplayer

Member jurassicplayer Completionist Themer

United States
    Did you try backup/reformatting?

3. IceIceBird
    OP

Member IceIceBird GBAtemp Fan

Sweden
    yes of course as mentioned above. Any clue? Tried with another sdcard and same result.

4. m45t3r

Member m45t3r GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    Did you try to use another firmware like DSTT official or Wood4TT? If the same problem occurs maybe it's a problem with the flashcard.

5. jurassicplayer

Member jurassicplayer Completionist Themer

United States
    I think it messed up at the creating save file (maybe it wiggled while writing? maybe life just hates it)...which might explain the erratic renaming. Worst comes to worse, I'm thinking you could probably get past that save creation by making a blank save yourself (fill it with null until it's the correct size...unless I'm thinking of something else) and getting a ttmenu.sys from someone or some download.

6. bitonio6

Member bitonio6 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Switzerland
    So, if you try an older "unofficial" DSTT kernel, what's going on?

My advise is: Try another microSD

Did-you flash your DSTTi with another firmware before this 1.4.2 ?