OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, this is my first post here.
wacko.gif

I have a Acekard 2 and two DS lites.
On one of them, my Acekard plays just fine [for reference I'll call this DS Black]. I can load Moonshell, games, etc.

However, on the other one, [Red] it has problems.

The Red DS shows it fine and stuff, but whenever I start it, it would freeze right after the skin loads [with the little SD card icon in the corner. But its not flashing, its just frozen there]. This has suddenly happened today. It was working fine yesterday.
I've tried blowing in the card slot... but that hasn't helped. It still plays real games just fine.

But what I don't get is that it works on one DS but not on the other.

I am using AKAIO [most recent version or something] firmware.

I haven't tried formatting the SD card yet, but I will now.

Does anyone have a solution? @_@

Whooosh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Something similer happened to me. I had a ds lite and an r4 so had my cousin. His ds was newer than mine but my r4 was newer than his.

Mine worked fine but his stopped working after a while. I presume this was because his ds was of a new batch(as it was special edition) and must have had newer firmware which blocked his older r4 from working, like your ak is started and froze.

Mabye this is your problem is the red a newer ds (or has it been repaired by nintendo i heard that sometimes they put new firmware in when they repair ds and dslites)????

OOOOOOORRRRR mabye the contacts on the red ds are faulty or not touching. I heard putting a piece of paper behind your card can somtimes solve this problem as it keeps the card in place and pushes it against the contacts.

Hope this help

grither

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok this is crazy, this just happened to me today also! was working fine last night, never loaded anything or even touched it, now its hanging at exactly the same place!

White DS Lite

grither

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
just got things working again. reinstalled akaio which then booted fine using default skin

theory: since today is Aug 1, could it be possible that certain skins cant roll the calendar forward properly?

dhjohn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I had this problem with akaio a few months ago using the ultamario skin. The problem is that the calendar ended up going off the screen cause the maker did not account for months with six weeks, which caused akaio to crash. Using a skin whre the calendar didn't go off the screen fixed it.

~dhjohn

0nyx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just had the exact same problem yesterday, with the UltraMario skin. So yeah, the problem comes from the custom skins

Rivarossa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Reviving an old thread for a reason, just in case anyone else is looking for a solution.
calendar rollover bug on Ultramario strikes again, May 1 2010.
Change the year on your DS(i) to avoid this

harryjon35

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thanks for the hint regarding the calender bug. i was looking for an answer on why my ackard 2i did not work anymore. i was also using the ultimario skin. chaning the year back to 2009 worked.

tai1976

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick Mario Aflame fix, change the following line within uisettings.ini:

[calendar day]
x = 9
y = 117

To:
[calendar day]
x = 9
y = 111

Used the Dan Taylor skin editor and this is the lowest you can place the calendar numbers on the upper screen without going off screen (6 week months).

Sure the calendar background does not completely line up with the numbers but without the source image this is the best we can do for now and my kids really like this theme.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup