Strange issue on new network (downloading updates)

Discussion in 'PS4 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by arnes_king, Sep 8, 2018.

1. arnes_king
    OP

arnes_king Member

Newcomer
    Sep 8, 2018
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Hello people, I am on 5.05 with the exploit using Al Azif's DNS.

It works perfectly fine when home, but after I connect to any other network with the same DNS settings my PS4 starts automatically to download game and software updates! The strange thing is that I disabled all automatic updates and gladly I used the "Disable Update" exploit, so all updates fail.

But I am wondering why is it even try when connecting to new networks, and now it asks me always before launching a game if I want to. Does anyone had the same issue and know a solution?

2. KiiWii

KiiWii GBAtemp Guru

Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    With update blockers a pending update can still try “download”, its just can’t save anywhere to the console.

Software update would only download if it didn’t require PSN access, which is odd. I believe @godreborn might know more.

arnes_king likes this.
  3. arnes_king
    OP

arnes_king Member

Newcomer
    Sep 8, 2018
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Thanks for the quick reply. I followed your AIO exploit guide and as I said everything worked perfectly until I connected just to another network.

At first I got scared because the first I saw was "Downloading 5.56 System Update" and also updates for all of my games, but all updates failed after trying.

Now I am just scared that it does not somehow updates as it now asks for an update before running a game, which it did not earlier.

It is also strange, because as I have said, I turned off all automatic updates and do not know what triggered it.

I assume, after disabling the updates also from the exploit (which is preventing the downloads from being successful) I do not have to worry until I re-enable it again manually in the exploit?

4. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    arnes_king and KiiWii like this.
  5. arnes_king
    OP

arnes_king Member

Newcomer
    Sep 8, 2018
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Hello @godreborn , thanks for the answer. The update blocker is already active so the update failed instantly. Now as I got back to my home network it does not try anymore to download them.

The only issue now is that everytime when I try to start a game it asks me if I want to update the system or play without updating. How can I get rid of that?

6. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    you may need to block internet access. that's how I've always gotten rid of that screen. either do that or use a proxy to block all update servers. that's in my ps4 tutorial. yeah, I probably shouldn't have called it "tutorials," since I only have one, but I always intended to add to it. :P the urls are in there. use ccproxy if your router doesn't support blocking those urls. and, reset the system afterwards. I think your problem might be that it was connected to psn, briefly.

arnes_king likes this.