Strange error loading Baroque (424?)

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by KuroiNeko, Mar 12, 2009.

Mar 12, 2009
  1. KuroiNeko
    OP

Newcomer KuroiNeko Newbie

Canada
    I tried searching for this problem, but Baroque seems to work for most people right off the bat. That, or they have the same problem with any backup so it's not Baroque in particular.

Anyway, I tried loading Baroque NTSC with Gamma 0.3, but it black screens (repeatedly tries to load it, but fails) and I have to restart my Wii. If I go into the config menu, no option seems to affect anything, and it never gets past the screen where it lists all the options like force NTSC and such before/while loading, then it goes back to the main config menu. It recognizes the disc with the right game ID, though.

The weird thing is that the error message is printed right overtop of those lines of text (force NTSC, force PAL, etc.) so I can barely make out what looks like "DVD read error (424)" or something like that. I can't seem to find anyone with a similar error number, so I may be reading it wrong.

Also, I tried a PI/PO scan and it was rated like 99%, which discouraged me from doing another burn since the problem would likely persist. I'm using Taiyo Yuden discs that work nicely with many other game backups, so I don't think my media is the problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. ether2802

Former Staff ether2802 we have the techno...!!

Mexico
    maybe is 324 error, so you should try to uninstall and re-install your cIOS249_r7/8..!! [​IMG]

3. KuroiNeko
    OP

Canada
    Well, I think I'm at the most recent version now since just got a bunch of stuff but it still doesn't work. And wouldn't it say something like "Error (324) no CIOS"? There's nothing after the error number in my case.

Thanks for the suggestion, though. If nothing else, I have a few things updated now that I wouldn't have otherwise. I also got GCN backups running which I've been meaning to do for a while. :/

4. ether2802

Former Staff ether2802 we have the techno...!!

Mexico
    Well error 324 is not because you lack of cIOS, is because either your media/burn is bad (wich in your case only could aply to bad media) and/or the cIOS is unproperly installed..!! [​IMG]

5. KuroiNeko
    OP

Canada
    Hm, I don't think it's error 324 after all. I tinkered with some things, like uninstalling the cIOS so I got "DVD read err. (324) no cIOS" and installing a so-called "clone" of the cIOS which resulted in a "DVD read error (324." These errors were consistent for games that worked before, as well as Baroque.

And these errors show up before the launcher displays the modes it's going to try or the game ID, which is different from when I try Baroque with the "working" cIOS. Also I'm almost positive the first digit is not a 3. It is definitely sloped and has a stem, like a 4.

Maybe I will end up burning another copy. Could a verified burn at 4x with ImgBurn on quality media that checks out with 99% Pi/Po scan fail?

6. Miles

Member Miles GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Possibly a bad ISO?
    Find someone else with Baroque and have them generate a hash.

As for burning, burn at full speed.
    It's just a myth that burning at lower speeds will make more bad burns.

7. Soyaku

Newcomer Soyaku Newbie

United States
    I am also having this problem. I have made 2 burns of one ISO with same error and another with the same error.

Both are newer games.

The error I get is hard to make out (due to overlapping of other characters on the screen.).
    But what I can make out is a "DVD Read Error (I424)

I'm not sure what it means or how to fix it. MadWorld works fine, but not the other two.

Could it be just bad luck with burning the discs? Because the first two I did were flawless, but the next 3 were not. I can hear my Wii making a noise like it's spinning the disc in an attempt to read it and eventually times out.

I just thought I'd let yall know I'm having the same problem and error code.

Edit:

I put MadWorld in and got the error 451 in the 002 launcher.

I put my disc that previously didn't work and tried the 002 launcher and it worked eventually after many attempts.

Conclusion: Bad burns.

The disc that worked, now had an in-game message that says "The Game Disc could not be read. Refer to the Wii Operations Manual for detials."

So it HAS to be a bad burn, in my opinion. (I patched the game for IOS249, took off updates, and patched region too.)

I hope this helps!

Edit 2:
    The 002 Launcher repeatedly tries to launch the game, giving you the error 451. Leave it going for a few minutes. If it fails after many attempts, you just have a bad burn if it at least gives you the Game ID. If you don't see a game ID, the ISO is bad.