Gaming Stock up on Wiis?

Buleste

Old Fart
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country
With backwards compatibility being phased out, is it a good idea to stock up on a few brand new Wiis and Gamecube controllers so I can use them up until my old age? Or is that not a good idea?
When you're an old man you'll be playing emulated Wii games on a holographic display, controlled by your mind.

The only thing you need to stock up on are vitamins and herbal supplements so you can live that long. :P

Of course, cryogenic freezing is also a good choice but it is quite costly.
Oh and download speeds will be so good, that you only need to think about the game and you will instantly have the rom.

Transferral of data with the speed of light. It's in the near future for everybody.
Why stick at the speed of light? I'd rather have FTL download speeds.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Hey! OP! By the time you're old Gamecube emulators will be like NES emus are now. No need to keep the hardware around that long.

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
Maybe just keep a controller (+usb adapter, for GC). The controller will hardly break if left alone.

The good thing about the Wiimote is that it resembles the NES controller quite identical in horizontal position, so while its not the original, its damn close :P

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Imho own at least two Wii. One to game on and one as a backup. If you have a lot of cash to spare and are a HUGE enthusiast, it can't hurt to own a third.

I own two and both are older ones which I'm sure support gamecube.

However don't you need a special expensive device to play gamecube backups on these things? Well I own practically all the gamecube games that I like though which is less than a dozen. So that is alright I guess.

Backwards compatibility doesn't matter to me though since I can't use cfg usb loader to play gc games and I also own a mario kart / platinum color gc bundle (basically it is a black system that nintendo literally spray painted with silver paint called it platinum and put another box around it with mario kart inside not for resale).

I do own 3 ps2 consoles and why I don't own 3 wii is because eventually the price dropped and I only bought one. But I bought one with motion plus in a separate container so I knew it was easily softmodded as it was.

Wii is definitely my choice system over ps3 and xbox360 because of the first party titles. NOBODY can top nintendo. And now the new Kirby game is out and it looks sharp. I should grab it.

Guys as far as these not lasting forever I wouldn't be too worried about it. As long as you aren't running them 24/7 the capacitors inside and other electronics should not dissepate. Take it from me anyway, I still have a colecovision and it still works and man it is BEAT. I think the wii will last quite decades if kept boxed.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Imho own at least two Wii. One to game on and one as a backup.

However don't you need a special expensive device to play gamecube backups on these things?
I got two Wiis, but that's 'cos one was $30.
As for the second bit, the special device is called a blank DVD.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-