Homebrew Steps after Hacking Wii U (on 5.5.2)?

Nintendudeus87

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone, I just believe I hacked my Wii U (5.5.2) correctly. I bought a 64gb sd card, and followed these steps to a t below:

reddit (dot com) /r/WiiUHacks/comments/6u9f8j/tutorial_how_to_install_haxchi_on_wii_u_552/

and I followed every step to do the Coldboot from this video and installed retroarch, the snes, genesis emulators from the homebrew app store:

youtube (dot com)/watch?v=XFDnH9bGNbQ

So my question is I'm trying to test out the following consoles/emulators: N64, sega, ps1, wii, and gamecube/wii u, and mame titles. What would be the next steps to completing this (would I have to install VWii with what I already have)? Or would I be able to launch the sega and mame titles through retroarch, and use another method for the other console emulators?

Nintendudeus87

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Firstly if you want wii u titles use wii usb loader, and if you want to play gamecube/wii backups then you need to hack your vWII.

I just spent most of last night setting up vwii after i found this video:

How to Soft-Mod WiiU - Pt 5 - vWii Modding: Homebrew Channel + Nintendont + usb loader gx

I did every step in the video to a t, and stopped at the part where you plug in a external drive/flash drive in.

As for the ps1, snes, and sega genesis emulators, would i have to launch the homebrew channel from the wii u menu, install them from the homebrew app store, and launch them from the homebrew channel?

Or is there a way i can launch each emulator from the wii u menu?

Thanks

SANIC

GBATemp's Sonic Fan in Residence, 後
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just spent most of last night setting up vwii after i found this video:

How to Soft-Mod WiiU - Pt 5 - vWii Modding: Homebrew Channel + Nintendont + usb loader gx

I did every step in the video to a t, and stopped at the part where you plug in a external drive/flash drive in.

As for the ps1, snes, and sega genesis emulators, would i have to launch the homebrew channel from the wii u menu, install them from the homebrew app store, and launch them from the homebrew channel?

Or is there a way i can launch each emulator from the wii u menu?

Thanks
Why do people insist that videos are are best? Never use videos as they can become outdated and the Noob Guide on here in the Wii U section is better

Nintendudeus87

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why do people insist that videos are are best? Never use videos as they can become outdated and the Noob Guide on here in the Wii U section is better

It was a pretty recent video, and it definitely helped me set up vwii and backup the appropiate files.

SANIC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was a pretty recent video, and it definitely helped me set up vwii and backup the appropiate files.
That doesn't matter though. Most tutorials on YouTube are based off of Wii U guide which is one of the worst places to learn to hack Wii u. Why do you need an SD card that big? It's not necessary at all. VWii content loading speeds are way slower than USB

Chakratos

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That doesn't matter though. Most tutorials on YouTube are based off of Wii U guide which is one of the worst places to learn to hack Wii u. Why do you need an SD card that big? It's not necessary at all. VWii content loading speeds are way slower than USB

I have an 128GB SD, and the loading times are nearly equal to USB.
Its way easier to have 8 games at once on your SD to install them to the USB instead of doing them 1 by 1.

Nintendudeus87

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I went with that size to backup my nand first, then theres alot of games id like to try on ps1 and n64.

I plan on using the sd for ps1, n64, snes, ans genesis, and using a flash drive (16-32gb) to run a few gc/wii games.

Darksabre72

Blue Falcon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can actually solder. Not a pro, but good enough to do the n64 hdmi conversion.
so how is the homebrew progress going?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

tbh Wii U guides helped me out and i had no problems running it. The reason to have a giant sd card so that you can backup the vWII nand, roms for emulators, and to transfer games in wii usb helper.

Last edited by Darksabre72,

Nintendudeus87

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to update on the progress, I've managed to install wii64 and inject a few games. I realized some roms just dont play right like goldeneye 007, its playable, but the graphics look glitchy.

I also managed to install vwii, and wiisxr. It seems i have to go into homebrew every time to sign and overclock the emulator.

SANIC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to update on the progress, I've managed to install wii64 and inject a few games. I realized some roms just dont play right like goldeneye 007, its playable, but the graphics look glitchy.

I also managed to install vwii, and wiisxr. It seems i have to go into homebrew every time to sign and overclock the emulator.
You don't need to do that. Just hold B while launching Haxchi

Nintendudeus87

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I followed a guide that changed my homebrew channel into the wii menu and activated cold boot, so I'm not sure do I press b when launching wii64?

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland

because most ppl these days don't want to waste time on learning. They just want to get things done quick and easy.
Seeing is believing, the guide worked for the poster and so it must work for them.

They wouldn't care if the guide is technical oriented or even outdated/wrong/fake until they messed up little details and got bricks.

Nintendudeus87

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
because most ppl these days don't want to waste time on learning. They just want to get things done quick and easy.
Seeing is believing, the guide worked for the poster and so it must work for them.

They wouldn't care if the guide is technical oriented or even outdated/wrong/fake until they messed up little details and got bricks.

This is true, i will say that im a visual learner though, so if more guides had more pictures, etc, id probably have a deeper understanding.

As for the videos, they obviously taught me alot. Maybe not everything, but i learned so far how

- i can use retroarch emulators and launch roms

- how to setup wii64 and wiisrx

- how to boot into cfw without doing the mocha trick, etc.

So there is some value in the videos.

Last edited by Nintendudeus87,
Reactions: Yoni Arousement

SANIC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is true, i will say that im a visual learner though, so if more guides had more pictures, etc, id probably have a deeper understanding.

As for the videos, they obviously taught me alot. Maybe not everything, but i learned so far how

- i can use retroarch emulators and launch roms

- how to setup wii64 and wiisrx

- how to boot into cfw without doing the mocha trick, etc.

So there is some value in the videos.
TF is mocha trick?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: