Steam, UPlay, Origin... is it save...

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Bonny, Feb 20, 2016.

1. Bonny
    OP

Bonny GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 8, 2008
    Germany
    Bavaria
    ...to install and use client software like this, if you also have cracked games on you PC? A noobish question, i know. But i really want to play Garden Warfare 2, and i guess it's online only.

2. Originality

Originality Chibi-neko

Apr 21, 2008
    London, UK
    These software managers don't care if the games installed are legit or pirated, because they would be all externally installed games. They only care about games installed through them, e.g. games downloaded through Steam into a Steam library (folder). You can use Steam to link to any external games, and all your friends would see is "xxx is playing third party game: Skyrim" or whatever. They wouldn't have any Steam-bound features like connecting through Steam friends lists or connecting to Steam multiplayer servers because they are running outside of the Steam DRM environment, but if the game connects using third party servers (like I assume Garden Warfare does since it's cross-platform) then I don't think there would be any difference.

Bonny likes this.
  3. Bonny
    OP

Bonny GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 8, 2008
    Germany
    Bavaria
    Many Thanks! That answers my question :grog: