antonkan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
When you try to lanuch StartPatch for NTSC-J (Japan) for system menu 4.1, it gives a '-4' error.

Is there a way to fix the '-4' error? Don't ask me a questions for what I have, just ask on how to fix the '-4' error.

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PettingZoo said:
I'm not sure, but what is StartPatch anyway?
Startpatch is only for those who don't want to install Preloader. It allows you to patch the system menu with hacks, so you can accomplish certain tasks. For example, you can set your Wii to block updates, move the disc channel, and disable the health/safety screen. If you already have Preloader, you may as well use the hacks.ini to achieve the same results.

Also note that you have a NTSC (USA) Wii, Startpatch always errors on a few patches, only allowing you to install one out of two patches for the region free games on sd card. This has been an error in every NTSC version of Startpatch, which is why I gave up on the app altogether.

As far as the Japanese Wii with Startpatch, I'm sorry I can't be of help, and I doubt there are a lot of people who can answer this topic's question.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: