OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Howdy,

I've just picked up a 3DS XL running 4.3,

I seem to have come to look for a backup solution at a rather crazy time,

this new fangled gateway, i was wondering what i need to get it up and running (with uk shopping links if possible) and also a few little questions on it.

do i need to stay on 4.3 for the time being?

can i use the shop once on gateway?

how quick is it to pop a new stick in and startup a game?

can i use it to run emulators and older DS games? if not what solution works in tandem with gateway?

Thanks

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
1. You need a 3DS between 4.1 and 4.5, both GW cards (they're bundled) and the download from their page.
2. Yep. You could update with a game to 4.5 but that's not necessary.
3. You can use EmuNAND to access the eShop (please read the news for more information)
4. What?
5. Yep, the GW comes with a blue (labeled) NDS card and a red (labeled) 3DS card. You can run DS mode emulators (but no DSTWO plugins).

xand49

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
1. You need a 3DS between 4.1 and 4.5, both GW cards (they're bundled) and the download from their page.
2. Yep. You could update with a game to 4.5 but that's not necessary.
3. You can use EmuNAND to access the eShop (please read the news for more information)
4. What?
5. Yep, the GW comes with a blue (labeled) NDS card and a red (labeled) 3DS card. You can run DS mode emulators (but no DSTWO plugins).

Thanks for the info! in regards to question 4, i've used jailbreak esque techniques on other consoles/handhelds that can sometimes take a few extra minutes to startup in 'hacked' mode to accept games, does the gateway just work as fast as popping in a retail cartridge and insta playing?

Cheers

logon

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
4. For exact times you can watch youtube videos... To get the 3ds into gateway mode it takes 5-10 seconds but once its in gateway mode the games load as fast as retail games

cateater1

Trophies
XP
Country
good to know, lastly.

anyone know of a good UK retailer?

only uk one is teensy.co.uk that's listed an official reseller on the Gateway site. I personally wouldn't recommend them though as i'm still waiting for mine and its long overdue. i know others have had success with them though.

xand49

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hmm, is there a good international one who can get them over quicker? seems there is a 2 wait stock wait on teensy :( and i need an ocarina fix!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, 4th what?