Hacking Starting Rock band tutorials and how to setup

gamerjr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok due to my complete frustration currently i am going to make a tutorial on how to get rock band 2 and beatles working. Currently i am able to play beatles with only the mic, i have the wireless guitar and that fails and im pretty sure the drums fail too. There is also problems for Rock Band 2 i am going to discuss. The reason i am currently intrested in the wii version is my 360 is suffering from power failure and i cant get $100 to repair it until after i get my HDTV.

P.S- this is Disc loader for me btw.

Rock Band 2 checklist
[] Microphone working (need to check and see)
[] Wireless Guitar Working
[] RB1 Drums working*
*apparently it makes a difference if they are RB1 drums like mine*
[] DLC saving problems

Rock band: Beatles checklist
[x] Microphone works
[x] Dual mics work (I assume 3 work but i only have 2)
[] Guitar works
[] Drums work

Rock band 2 Tutorial:

Disc Loader-

USB Loader-

Rock Band: Beatles Tutorial:

Disc Loader-

USB Loader-

Ok, due to i dont know exactly what i did it will take me awile to compile all this information. please if you have any sites that will assist me please reply. I will only be supplying legal objects and i hear that the newest cIOScorp contains Guitar Hero 5 update so you cant link that.

Benjay

Hardstyle Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
in your first sentence you say "guitar and drum don't work with beatles rock band " , and then , in the check list , you say it works.
?

orion2001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, Here is what has worked for me:

I followed everything according to xzxero's simplistic mod guide: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901

At the end of it all you have CIOS249rev14 as well as Herme's CIOS 222 and 223 installed on your Wii.

USB Loader GX refused to work with any of the Rockband games (RB1, RB2 and The Beatles:RB). When I say refused to work, I mean, the game starts (under IOS 249) but the guitar is never recognized.

Eventually I gave up on UsB Loader GX and I just installed Configurable USB Loader: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=147638

After installing it, for the Rockband games, I set it to use IOS222-mload (I think that is what it was called) and the game worked flawlessly and my guitar was recognized. Now I haven't actually played the game much as I only figured this out today. However, I think it should work well for you.

From what I have read, USB loader GX seems to have issues with IOS 222 and is in general more finicky about things.

I hope this helps.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
    +1
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my fingie hurt
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Why?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    hangnail thing I think
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ... that's rough buddy
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    peepee
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Roll them little snake eyes in
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :wacko: rolling?
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    make up his mind dude
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: make up his mind dude