Starting Over Help

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by rubejb, Mar 30, 2009.

Mar 30, 2009

Starting Over Help by rubejb at 7:53 PM (485 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. rubejb
    OP

Newcomer rubejb Member

United States
    I'll start off by saying I'm a bit clueless as far as Wii softmodding goes. I'm not a complete moron... I've got a decent grip on modding my PSP. I understand where to put things on the memory stick and whatnot, and what I'm doing with each step. However I've just been blindly following tutorials for modding the Wii using the Twilight Hack and I seem to have gotten lost.

I've performed the Twilight Hack and installed the Homebrew Channel. Then I went through someones step-by-step instructions on setting up the Wiiloader Gamma program... all the cIOS's and WADsto install and whatnot. Well that didn't seem to work for me. So I then went back and followed a different guide. At this point I can run homebrew (the only thing I've really tested is Quake) but I can't seem to run any backup discs.

My main problem here is that I don't know if I need to remove certain things (like the cIOS's and WADs) before I install others, or if things get overwritten, or what happens.

So what I'm asking is: what do I need to do to "start fresh" with yet another homebrew/backup guide? If I install a cIOS, will that then remove any of the other things I've installed into the Wii's system memory?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

2. sess

Member sess GBAtemp Fan

Brazil
    No need to uninstall/replace anything. Just get Waninkoko's cIOS rev8 from his blog. Also, what launcher are you using (going to use)?

Quick edit - do not update to 4.0, just a remind. ;p

3. rubejb
    OP

Newcomer rubejb Member

United States
    Well, again, I'm not all that familiar with the Wii terminology, but if you mean the Backup Loader... the one I've tried with no success was called Wiigator Gamma .03 or something like that. I'm at work right now so I can't check the actual name.

4. sess

Member sess GBAtemp Fan

Brazil
    Yeah, that's correct. Well, as soon as you install Wanin's cIOS, I'm sure you're good to go. WADs aren't necessary, unless you want a shortcut -- that is, instead of making your way to the Homebrew Channel everytime just to play your backups, you just click on the Backup Launcher channel, on the Wii Menu.