Hacking Stargate 3DS

starstat13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a few questions regarding the stargate 3DS flashcart.
1. does it run DSi and 3DS backups/homebrew?
2. Is it compatable with Ver. 11.14.0-46U?
3. If questions above are answered with yes, where do I buy it?

To those asking why I don't just mod my 3DS, It is my only 3DS system I own and I worry about doing something wrong while modding it, bricking my system. Keep in mind, I've never modded a system before.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Oh, a 3DS mode flashcart question. Hopefully you will not get the link to 3ds.hacks.guide ten times. You won't find much help here on GBAtemp with such a question (really missing tolerance here). I do my best, but my knowledge is limited as I don't have a 3DS mode flashcart.
  1. It can run DS backups+homebrew but not DSiWare. It can run unmodified 3DS backups from the same region as the console. No 3DS homebrew / out-of-region / romhacks and no eShop-only games. Stargate has multiple modes
    • DS mode (like any R4 clone)
    • 3DS mode (mimic retail 3DS cart). Again: This is limited to unmodified cartridge based ROMs from the same region as the console.
    • ntrboot for installing custom firmware
  2. Shouldn't be a problem.
  3. No idea. Can't answer that one.
For any random visitor who has come to a final decision: Free custom firmware installation on 3DS can do more than Stargate. It is as easy and safe as console softmods can get. Read about both before deciding.

Good luck and have fun!

Reactions: zoogie

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
and I worry about doing something wrong while modding it
Technically...you can't do anything wrong. The boot9strap installation process were simplified towards the a9lh installation. Means, no annoying downgrade to 2.1 (because the otp region will not be locked there), no need to dump the otp.bin.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

To those asking why I don't just mod my 3DS, It is my only 3DS system I own and I worry about doing something wrong while modding it, bricking my system. Keep in mind, I've never modded a system before.
I am going to be honest with you, you aren’t going to brick your system. Just follow The Guide and you won’t have any issues. If you do run into issues, just remain calm and for help, chances are you’ve run into a common issue that we can help you with. Hacking your system has way more benefits over using an outdated flashcart.
If it helps make you feel better, I am literally the person who spent the past several years breaking my stuff so devs could make sure your systems were safe.

Last edited by The Catboy,

14Par

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You shouldnt brick it unless you do something extremely stupid like I did with my switch. Just mod it.

The way I bricked my switch was I downgraded to v6.0.0, didnt reset, and opened smash bros. Dont do dumb stuff like that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1