Starfall hack with NTSC Wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by scottsimon1979, Oct 9, 2008.

Oct 9, 2008
  1. scottsimon1979
    OP

Newcomer scottsimon1979 Newbie

United States
    Does the starfall hack work with an NTSC Wii? I have a Wiikey installed in my Wii, and it works prety much great with all Wii backups...but Gamecube backups (specifically PAL gamecube backups) harldy ever work at all. I've tried GeckoOS and it doesnt load them either. Also have tried the Gamecube Loader via the homebrew channel. Nothing freaking works! I have read that turning off the RegionFree on my Wiikey, then installing Starfall will allow for much better compatibility with Pal gamecube backups. The only thing is, on all the searches I have done on Starfall, only PAL installation is mentioned. So, is it safe to use it on an NTSC Wii? Is there anything else I should know about it?

Thanks for any help.

2. fiveighteen

Member fiveighteen High Hopes and Low Expectations

United States
    I have Starfall on my NTSC Wii (modded with WiiKey as well). Works fine. Enjoy.

3. Miles

Member Miles GBAtemp Fan

United States
    It's safe.
    My Wii is NTSC and I haven't had any problems playing GC games (via SD Boot) or Wii games.

4. tadghd

Newcomer tadghd Member

Australia
    i suggest booting up the wiikey config disc and disabling all the gc related hacks, then installing starfall. I've found the starfall hacks work much better with gc backups, no audio problems or anything. Got plenty of NTSC games runing on my PAL wii. If any don't work then try Gecko OS as well, loads a few wii games that starfall/wiikey fails to