Stardew Valley Save Transfer Between PC, and Save Editing

Discussion in 'Switch - ROM Hacking, Saves, Translations & Tools' started by Proto-Propski, May 12, 2018.

1. Proto-Propski
    OP

Proto-Propski Legally Weird!

Apr 29, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Boulevard of Broken Meme's
    Convert PC Saves to Switch (vice versa)

I accidentally stumbled unto this, and it's relatively easy to do, so I figured with the lack of public knowledge on how to do this that I'd provide a simple instructional step by step tutorial on how to Convert your own Stardew Valley save between versions.

Requirements
    * A Nintendo Switch
    * An SD Card
    * Any CFW (SX OS/ReiNX/Atosphere/etc)
    * Any Save Managing Tool (Checkpoint/Y'allAreNuts/Edizon/etc)
    A PC/Mac/Linux Device
    * A SD Card Reader, or an FTP Client Solution like FileZilla
    * Time at least 1 minute of it

Actual Tutorial (..Finally!!!..)

PC > Switch

Switch > PC

Old Post Archive

Original Post

Last edited by Proto-Propski, Oct 4, 2018
  2. Aldoria

Aldoria GBAtemp Fan

May 1, 2018
    France
    Awesome thank you

3. RapidRaid

RapidRaid Member

Newcomer
    Jun 20, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Baden-Wüttemberg
    Thats exactly what I needed! But will it have problems regarding the version of the game? I played with friends in the latest beta and wanted to have the world in my 4.10 switch, is that possible?

4. dgr1592

dgr1592 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 22, 2018
    Peru
    Great, this is good to me too.

5. Justin20020

Justin20020 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 22, 2015
    Germany
    So can we transfer the pc save onto the switch? To likely change the UI size

6. Proto-Propski
    OP

Apr 29, 2018
    United Kingdom
    I'm currently running Stardew Valley 1.2.33, so I wouldn't know exactly, so I'd recommend giving it at least a try, worst thing I could see hapening is it either reject the world which would, suck, or crash the game as it try's to load a shack that isn't in the game yet, but these both would only suck untill they update the Switch Version, which would make your save compatibility if it isn't already.

When I tested my PC save on my Switch it looked just as it should on the Switch unfortunately, so I think they automatically change the Zoom size depending on the consoles state like between Docked, and Portable

Last edited by Proto-Propski, May 12, 2018
    Justin20020 and RapidRaid like this.
  7. Tonydaexpert

Tonydaexpert GBAtemp Regular

Jul 5, 2016
    United States
    this Is so cool

8. souler92

souler92 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 5, 2017
    Netherlands
    i edited my switch save, and injected it with nuts, but it didnt work? how should my inject folder look? same as save folder like: nuts/inject/12387157412/1236162421/username123124.file ??

or just nuts/inject/username7178367812

?

9. OkazakiTheOtaku

OkazakiTheOtaku no thanks, I don't want a custom title

Jul 20, 2016
    Japan
    Use checkpoint, it works with all FW now.

souler92 and Proto-Propski like this.
  10. RealLatias

RealLatias GBAtemp Regular

Oct 4, 2015
    United States
    I know this thread is kinda dead, but can anyone help? I transfer my pc save to switch using checkpoint and the name is correct when i go to load the save, but the time says 0:00 and the gold says 500, and the game freezes on the loading screen with controls when I try to load the save.

11. uriri

uriri Member

Newcomer
    Apr 5, 2015
    United States
    Also, If someone plays the beta version of the game on PC, I wouldn't recommend transferring the save file to your Switch just yet...

12. jaredmccoy

jaredmccoy Member

Newcomer
    Jun 30, 2018
    United States
    I used yallarenuts to put my pc save onto the switch. I can confirm that it works and I was able to play my pc save on the switch version of the game.

13. Essometer

Essometer Needs data

Oct 22, 2010
    Germany
    Bielefeld
    Do you know if a transfer PS4->Switch would work as well?

14. jaredmccoy

jaredmccoy Member

Newcomer
    Jun 30, 2018
    United States
    I don't know but it's worth a try. If the saves are the same between the switch and the pc version I'd say there is a chance the ps4 version has the same file structure as well.

15. daxtsu

daxtsu GBAtemp Guru

Jun 9, 2007
    Antarctica
    I would assume it does, according to a friend of mine, they tried Vita -> PC and vice versa (not on the 1.3 beta, mind you, 1.2x) and they said it worked fine both ways. If you're on the PC beta 1.3 though, it could be a problem.

Essometer likes this.
  16. Proto-Propski
    OP

Apr 29, 2018
    United Kingdom
    I've edited the post to now include a full breakdown tutorial of the steps required for transferring saves between PC, and the Switch via Checkpoint, and Edison..

for those new to the scene, or those who just bought Stardew Valley on the Switch/PC looking to move their save from their PC/Vice Versa... enjoy

17. Biff627

Biff627 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 15, 2015
    United States
    I actually got PC saves to transfer to ps4 so I was thinking that this would be possible as well! Glad someone did it before I stopped procrastinating.

18. manzhen

manzhen Member

Newcomer
    Nov 18, 2017
    Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
    Just what I needed! Starting all over on PC was making me a bit sad after the time spent farming on Switch. Thank you @Proto-Propski

Proto-Propski likes this.
  19. k7ra

k7ra GBAtemp Fan

Dec 11, 2016
    Can somebody help? I think switch and vita have same version of game, but I can't open save on pc

Attached Files: