1. Proto-Propski

OP Proto-Propski Legally Weird!

United Kingdom
    Convert PC Saves to Switch (vice versa)

I accidentally stumbled unto this, and it's relatively easy to do, so I figured with the lack of public knowledge on how to do this that I'd provide a simple instructional step by step tutorial on how to Convert your own Stardew Valley save between versions.

Requirements
    * A Nintendo Switch
    * An SD Card
    * Any CFW (SX OS/ReiNX/Atosphere/etc)
    * Any Save Managing Tool (Checkpoint/Y'allAreNuts/Edizon/etc)
    A PC/Mac/Linux Device
    * A SD Card Reader, or an FTP Client Solution like FileZilla
    * Time at least 1 minute of it

Actual Tutorial (..Finally!!!..)

Alright, the first thing you'll need to do is locate your Stardew Valley PC Save, which can be found on your PC at "%APPDATA%/StardewValley/Saves", and now once you have your character file (IE, *Character Name_*Random Numbers*, or simply put "ASKII_123456789") just copy it somewhere safe, and plugin your Homebrew SD Card, and follow the guides depending on your own Save Manager of Choice (Y'allAreNuts is depreciated, so it's not included)

Checkpoint

Locate Checkpoints Save Folder for Stardew Valley on your SD Card at "Sdmc:/Switch/Checkpoint/Saves/0x0100E65002BB8000 Stardew Valley" once you've found this folder just create a new folder inside of it with whatever text you want (IE, the Characters Name), and then place that Stardew Valley save you got from your PC inside that folder, after that it's fairly simple to inject just goto the Checkpoint app, and find the Stardew Valley icon hover over the name you made for the Save Folder, and Restore with [R] button on your controller (Make sure to Backup any other save on the device using Checkpoint beforehand just in case)

Edizon

Locate the Edizon Save folder on your SD Card at "Sdmc:/Edizon/batch/", and, here you'll need to make a folder name with a timestamp, doesn't matter what time use the following as an example "20181003-232614" then make a folder and name it your prefered accounts User ID (it's usually best to make a pre-save on your Switch to just copy all this info easy pz), and after you make that folder, you need to create another one (don't worry this is the last folder you need to make) with the Title ID of your Stardew Valley version (IE the US Copys' ID is 0100E65002BB8000), then just place the PC save in that Folder, and with that done you only need to make one last thing the "edizon_save_metadata.json" file which is easy just make a text file, and open it in up perferably in Notepad++, then copy, and paste the code format below, and fill in the required info that you should already have.

Code:
    {
        "title_id": "0100E65002BB8000",
        "title_name": "Stardew Valley",
        "title_version": "1.2.36",
        "user_id": " *Snip* ",
        "user_name": " *Snip* "
    }

After that open Edizon, and hover over the Stardew Valley Icon, and Restore the backup from there

Checkpoint

Make sure you've made a back-up of your save using Checkpoint, if you have then either turn off your Switch, and Eject your SD Card to inject it into your SD Card reader for your PC, or leave your Switch on, and Load up FTPD on yuor Switch to start an FTP server for FileZilla, either way once you have access to the SD contents goto the following directory to access the save file "Sdmc:/Switch/Checkpoint/Saves/0x0100E65002BB8000 Stardew Valley/*Your Save Name/Date*", and once your here just copy the folder with your in-game characters name, followed by an underscore, and a long string of numbers (IE, Askii_123456789) then just paste it in the following directory on your PC "%APPDATA%/StardewValley/Saves", after that your all done, and ready to play

Edizon

Make sure you've made a back-up of your save using Edizon, if you have then either turn off your Switch, and Eject your SD Card to inject it into your SD Card reader for your PC, or leave your Switch on, and Load up FTPD on yuor Switch to start an FTP server for FileZilla, either way once you have access to the SD contents goto the following directory to access the save file "Sdmc:/Edizon/batch/" note there should be either one, or multiple folders with time codes, just open the one with the most recent date (Either that, or the date you made the save back-up), and then look for your User ID (usually should be just one if not just scroll through all of them till you find the one with, the correct Stardew Valley game ID attributed to your region (IE the US Copys' Game ID is 0100E65002BB8000), and once your here just copy the folder with your in-game characters name, followed by an underscore, and a long string of numbers (IE, Askii_123456789) then just paste it in the following directory on your PC "%APPDATA%/StardewValley/Saves", after that your all done, and ready to play

Old Post Archive

Ok, so while backing-up my Save for Stardew Valley on the Switch using the new Save Manager Y'allAreNuts by 3096 I found something out that I haven't seen a lot of community members mention ATM, and it's that much like a lot other Indie Devs in the past it seems the creator of Stardew Valley didn't change the structure of his saves between versions, which if you know where I'm getting at that means we can not only transfer our saves from the PC version to the Switch (Maybe even other Systems Too) now that a Save Manager is out on the latest FW, but we can also edit these saves using the PC's save editor here I've already tested this, and can confirm it's litterally dragging, and dropping the (*Character Name*_*Random Numbers*, example ASKII_123456789) folder after you dump the save off your Switch, and placing it into your pc's "%APPDATA%/StardewValley/Saves" folder, and load the game

NOTE!

Transfering your Switch Save to your PC game will likely result in a UI Zooming in to 120% it can be fixed by going into the settings, and changing it to your prefered zoom size, but it'll be alarming at first as it was for me.

Now I'd write a full propper guide if this wasn't literally dragging, and dropping like anyother Save Guide, so I'll just leave it up to you guys, and google to figure out how to extract a save using either Checkpoint, or the aforementioned Y'allAreNuts

Last edited by Proto-Propski, Oct 4, 2018
  2. Aldoria

Aldoria GBAtemp Fan

France
    Awesome thank you

3. RapidRaid

RapidRaid Member
    Newcomer

Gambia, The
    Thats exactly what I needed! But will it have problems regarding the version of the game? I played with friends in the latest beta and wanted to have the world in my 4.10 switch, is that possible?

4. dgr1592

dgr1592 GBAtemp Regular

Peru
    Great, this is good to me too.

5. Justin20020

Justin20020 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Germany
    So can we transfer the pc save onto the switch? To likely change the UI size

6. Proto-Propski

United Kingdom
    I'm currently running Stardew Valley 1.2.33, so I wouldn't know exactly, so I'd recommend giving it at least a try, worst thing I could see hapening is it either reject the world which would, suck, or crash the game as it try's to load a shack that isn't in the game yet, but these both would only suck untill they update the Switch Version, which would make your save compatibility if it isn't already.

When I tested my PC save on my Switch it looked just as it should on the Switch unfortunately, so I think they automatically change the Zoom size depending on the consoles state like between Docked, and Portable

Last edited by Proto-Propski, May 12, 2018
    Justin20020 and RapidRaid like this.
  7. Tonydaexpert

Tonydaexpert C++ Pleb, but with a Monado

United States
    this Is so cool

8. souler92

souler92 GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    i edited my switch save, and injected it with nuts, but it didnt work? how should my inject folder look? same as save folder like: nuts/inject/12387157412/1236162421/username123124.file ??

or just nuts/inject/username7178367812

?

9. OkazakiTheOtaku

OkazakiTheOtaku no thanks, I don't want a custom title

Japan
    Use checkpoint, it works with all FW now.

souler92 and Proto-Propski like this.
  10. RealLatias

RealLatias GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I know this thread is kinda dead, but can anyone help? I transfer my pc save to switch using checkpoint and the name is correct when i go to load the save, but the time says 0:00 and the gold says 500, and the game freezes on the loading screen with controls when I try to load the save.

11. uriri

uriri Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Also, If someone plays the beta version of the game on PC, I wouldn't recommend transferring the save file to your Switch just yet...

12. jaredmccoy

jaredmccoy Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I used yallarenuts to put my pc save onto the switch. I can confirm that it works and I was able to play my pc save on the switch version of the game.

13. Essometer

Essometer Needs data

Germany
    Do you know if a transfer PS4->Switch would work as well?

14. jaredmccoy

jaredmccoy Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I don't know but it's worth a try. If the saves are the same between the switch and the pc version I'd say there is a chance the ps4 version has the same file structure as well.

15. daxtsu

daxtsu GBAtemp Guru

Antarctica
    I would assume it does, according to a friend of mine, they tried Vita -> PC and vice versa (not on the 1.3 beta, mind you, 1.2x) and they said it worked fine both ways. If you're on the PC beta 1.3 though, it could be a problem.

Essometer likes this.
  16. Proto-Propski

United Kingdom
    I've edited the post to now include a full breakdown tutorial of the steps required for transferring saves between PC, and the Switch via Checkpoint, and Edison..

for those new to the scene, or those who just bought Stardew Valley on the Switch/PC looking to move their save from their PC/Vice Versa... enjoy

17. Biff627

Biff627 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    I actually got PC saves to transfer to ps4 so I was thinking that this would be possible as well! Glad someone did it before I stopped procrastinating.

18. manzhen

manzhen Member
    Newcomer

Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
    Just what I needed! Starting all over on PC was making me a bit sad after the time spent farming on Switch. Thank you @Proto-Propski

Proto-Propski likes this.
  19. k7ra

k7ra GBAtemp Fan

Can somebody help? I think switch and vita have same version of game, but I can't open save on pc

Attached Files:

20. Urist McStout-Horn

Newcomer

United States
    Just got into Stardew the other day (bought it on steam, then started playing on switch due to it being portable and OH SO COMFY [though I think I need a magnifying glass to read item quantities]) and this is going to make things awesome when I want to play on a big screen (PC and Switch use the same TV for a monitor).

Thanks a TON for this information.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Transfer, Stardew, Between