Starcraft is showing different Bnet options

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by MarioBrotha, Jun 10, 2010.

1. MarioBrotha
    OP

MarioBrotha GBAtemp Regular

Jul 21, 2007
    United States
    over there
    So I just pirated and installed Starcraft, but when I try to get on Battle.net it shows very different options instead of West, East, Europe, and Asia (I think those were the options). It shows the following:
    *FSGS
    *BRODWAR
    *BATTLE NET
    *IP LAN PARTY
    *IP PRIVADO

So those are obviously very *pirated* and *cracked* options, but I just did a fresh install, and it is a clean .iso, no modifications of any kind.

I think this is in the registry, because I tried to copy Starcraft by USB before, and those options were available, and I think they were somehow saved in there. So how can I check my registry to find out if I'm right?

2. jefffisher

jefffisher GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 17, 2006
    United States
    those are normal options just looks like you installed it in spanish, anyways online wont work with a pirated version but you gotta click battle.net before picking the server

3. MarioBrotha
    OP

Jul 21, 2007
    United States
    over there
    I'm sorry but those are NOT spanish options, I don't think Blizzard will misspell Broodwar and not fix it, and besides I've seen the options in spanish and my starcraft is in English.
    And I have a legit cd-key

4. Sicklinker

Sicklinker Member

Newcomer
    Apr 10, 2007
    Gambia, The
    well FSGS certainly is not an official Blizzard thing cause its actually a Bnet emulator...

5. Diablo1123

Diablo1123 Newcomer

Mar 9, 2008
    United States
    Underground
    Yeah its the battle net gateway settings in your registry.
    I don't remember exactly where they were, but under Starcraft is a good idea.

Else check battle.net

6. MarioBrotha
    OP

Jul 21, 2007
    United States
    over there
    I just checked my registry under "blizzard entertainment", I cant find anything about b.net on the registry. Does anyone know where it is?

7. Diablo1123

Diablo1123 Newcomer

Mar 9, 2008
    United States
    Underground
    for me its at
    HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-2916419815-1564019823-2032333916-1000\Software\Battle.net\Configuration

8. MarioBrotha
    OP

Jul 21, 2007
    United States
    over there
    Thanks Diablo, I can tell its messed up because it shows a server in "lurker.webnext.com" instead of battle.net.
    So what do I do to make it go back to normal?