Hardware standard HID controller on a switch.

ulao

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was curios, I can't seem to make it work but seeing a few adapters working. Anyone know if a standard HID gamepad usb adapter will work?

RayD97

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Some do, some don't, it's kind of hit and miss. Mayflash and 8bitdo bluetooth USB dongles work, so do most smash GameCube adapters, but sadly my generic best buy wired USB controller did not work. What kind of generic USB adapter do you mean? Bluetooth adapter? Wired adapter?

ulao

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wired, the Bliss-Box (Bliss-Box.net). Seem to be getting rejected by the OS.

Well, let me ask this, how would it work if it did? Do you need to add in the grip section or does it just go to player 4,will it control the GUI or only work in game.

Last edited by ulao,

ulao

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whoa wait up, are the two on the side just charging ports? Because the blue one just kills the video when I try that. The other two seem not to work but I'm starting to think they are just for charging (reading a manual).

Also have a wired 360 and wired ps3. Both not working in anyway I can figure. I did read online that you can use a 360 to wiiu adapter but I have a wiiu controller and it does not work. There was a tid bit about a 3.0 update but I'm uptodate (5 something). Just not sure why a wiiu adapter would work and not a wiiu controller? - Never mind, he meant 360 to pro controller (dumb ass).

Last edited by ulao,

RayD97

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry never heard of the blissbox. If it works, it'll show up as a pro controller in the grip screen. No need to be on the screen for it to connect though. GameCube controllers appear as pros as well.
The 2 side ports on the dock work for everything, they're just 2.0, unlike the 3.0 (capable) one inside the dock. Both my GameCube adapters (one is official, one is 3rd party) work on any of the dock's usb ports.

fragged

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry never heard of the blissbox. If it works, it'll show up as a pro controller in the grip screen. No need to be on the screen for it to connect though. GameCube controllers appear as pros as well.
The 2 side ports on the dock work for everything, they're just 2.0, unlike the 3.0 (capable) one inside the dock. Both my GameCube adapters (one is official, one is 3rd party) work on any of the dock's usb ports.
The port inside the dock may be the blue USB 3.0 but it operates at use 2.0 does speeds, seems Nintendo needs to send an update to enable it's full potential.

RAGER

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
The port inside the dock may be the blue USB 3.0 but it operates at use 2.0 does speeds, seems Nintendo needs to send an update to enable it's full potential.
I think it will not happen, cuz USB 3.0 heavily interfere with Wi-Fi.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill