SSSpwn Coming Soon

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Alberto_theking, Aug 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alberto_theking
    OP

Alberto_theking Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 13, 2014
    Hello, this is my first post in GBATemp (Sorry my english, I'm spanish). Today Smealum has posted some posts in his twitter. These are:

As you can see in their messages, He will start suddenly doing different versions of the xploit for the FW of 3DS (4.5 to 8.1 he has said). Since there is little time to come out.

Thirty3Three and SignZ like this.

2. gigio2000

gigio2000 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 24, 2014
    Brazil
    Will it play pirated gaems? No? So it's shit

3. linuxares

linuxares GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 5, 2007
    Sorry but this is better to post in an existing thread. By all means we all want to see what SSSPwn can do, but we don't need 10 threads about the same thing.

4. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    It's a godsend for many homebrew developers interested in the platform but not interested in the hassle, including myself. If you're not interested in a strictly homebrew-oriented exploit, don't post.

As for SSSpwn, I'll believe it when I see it - it's been "coming soon" for quite a while now, I just want to get my hands on it and play around with it before I comment.

5. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    would you be kind and don't come to gbatemp anymore? please.

6. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle

Well, yeah that's like, only your opinion, man. Would you be so kind as to keep your bullshit opinions to yourself and shut your festering gob? Thank you for understanding. A hack is useless because you're too cheap to buy 3DS games and you can't use them with this hack?

Just another Gateway sycophant I'm sure.

huniper likes this.
  7. gigio2000

Newcomer
    Jun 24, 2014
    Brazil
    I'm interested in seeing my 3ds in its full potential, limiting it because "piracy is wrong" is just dumb and stupid. Well I hope gateway or any other non-moralfag exploiter can exploit this exploit.

Subtle Demise likes this.
  8. shinyquagsire23

shinyquagsire23 SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy

Nov 18, 2012
    United States
    Las Vegas

Actually IIRC he said all the frameworking is pretty much done, he's just working on a menu (ala HBC for the Wii) and porting it to all the different firmware versions. I have a slight feeling that this exploit works via an exploit in how updates work considering that it's supposed to work on all versions of the 3DS (ie 1.0-8.1), although he already stated he's only porting major versions between 4.5-8.1. The fact that he's managed to dump unencrypted versions of all firmwares could easily support this, but we'll have to see.

Here's the official quote on porting and stuffs:
    So we're definitely getting close. As a GBA homebrewster/hacker, I'm definitely excited for this, since I have a 7.1 3DS which has been dying to have homebrew on it.

the_randomizer likes this.
  9. gigio2000

Newcomer
    Jun 24, 2014
    Brazil
    nah, I like here, you guys are kewl

So if it's just my opinion why are so angry about it?

ultimatetemper and Subtle Demise like this.
  10. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    Have fun waiting then and don't comment on things you're not even interested in - this is clearly not for you, this is for people interested in homebrew.
    I'm well-aware of the developments and I'm quite excited myself, I just reserve my judgement until I see the finished result. ;) I have a 4.5 3DS, but a new exploit vector is always a great thing, especially if the flashcart requirement can be eliminated.

chartube12 and the_randomizer like this.
  11. the_randomizer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle

Who said anything about being angry, you people just like to blur out opinions like they were true, which they aren't. If you want ROMs, stick with the Gateway.

12. shinyquagsire23

shinyquagsire23 SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy

Nov 18, 2012
    United States
    Las Vegas

Fair enough, we've had enough crap like Crown3DS which makes promises that don't happen. Although based on what smealum has done so far, I do have slightly higher hopes for this one. I guess all we can do now is wait for something to happen and hope for the best.

13. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    you called shit to people who waste their time developing software for your entertainment for free.

so please, leave.

14. gigio2000

Newcomer
    Jun 24, 2014
    Brazil
    In fact, I'm really interested about SSSpwn, i really wanna know how it turns out. Homebrew is and always will be a cool part of a vidyagaem

15. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    Crown 3DS was an elaborate prank while smealum is an established scene developer, there's quite a big difference here. :P

16. the_randomizer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle

Then please don't go around calling it shit because it doesn't play the games you can't afford, that's not a very mature mentality to have. Want games? Stick with the messianic Gateway.

Wellington2k likes this.
  17. Hozu

Hozu GBAtemp Regular

Aug 25, 2010
    Canada
    The limit isn't an artificial one. That is, it's not Smealum having his code prevent piracy - it's the exploit itself not having enough access to enable it (from the mouth of Smealum himself, apparently). If it could, he probably wouldn't release it. So quit making an issue out of something non-existent.

18. gigio2000

Newcomer
    Jun 24, 2014
    Brazil
    No... I didn't said that, I said it's shit because piracy is disabled by default. I kinda enjoy people wasting their time for everybody's entertainment

19. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    I did read somewhere that it technically could be elevated "relatively easily", but I'm sure smealum included some methods of preventing that from happening. Just because an exploit is userland doesn't mean that it cannot be elevated. ;)

"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time".

Wellington2k and gamefan5 like this.
  20. the_randomizer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle

It's not shit because you say it is, it's shit because you have a skewed opinion without any substantiation whatsoever. Boo hoo, no piracy, just please stick with the Gatewank and stop with your nonsensical mudslinging. Just stop posting on this thread, we get it by now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.