shawnanastasio

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,
I got a 3DS and Pilotwings Resort. I was dissappointed with Pilotwings' lack of content and want to buy another game. I can't decide which of these games would last the longest and be the most fun.

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Get Dead or alive Dimensions. Ridge Racer 3D is okay but Mario Kart is way better.

on Street Fighter; its an online game in fact. There is nearly no content to unlock.

Dead or alive is a fighting game like Street Fighter but uses different Fighting styles eg. you can move on the whole field You have hazards. it looks better.

But I have ALL the games you mentioned including Pilot wings so I know what I am talking about
tongue.gif

I vote for Dead or Alive.

BUT IF YOU HATE IT. Go for SSF IV it gave me 40 hours of gameplay.

shawnanastasio

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't really played many fighting games b4, but i was considering SSFIV because it got the best ratings. But i am not really sure if DOA is my type of game.....

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
shawnanastasio said:
I haven't really played many fighting games b4, but i was considering SSFIV because it got the best ratings. But i am not really sure if DOA is my type of game.....

Don´t listen to the critics!!

Hmmmm try to check YouTube for gameplay for Dead of Alive same goes for Street Fighter.

Maybe try before you buy at the gamestore?

edit: could you check your personal messages? I did send you a message with links of youtube videos.

MigueelDnd

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Trying both before buying them would be the best thing to do, although you may have problems getting a demo of Ridge Racer. And if you're wanting SSF4, I strongly suggest you to consider DoAD, it plays somewhat different, but it has an actual story mode and unlockable content, which extend it's longevity.

If you want one from those two you mentioned, get SSF4. But if you're willing to consider others, get Dead or Alive Dimensions (and I suggest you personally Samurai Warriors Chronicles, if you can get to play it somewhere before buying it and see if it convinces you, it's my favorite game for the 3DS so far).

JoyConG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lightning said:
Get Dead or alive Dimensions. Ridge Racer 3D is okay but Mario Kart is way better.

on Street Fighter; its an online game in fact. There is nearly no content to unlock.

Dead or alive is a fighting game like Street Fighter but uses different Fighting styles eg. you can move on the whole field You have hazards. it looks better.

But I have ALL the games you mentioned including Pilot wings so I know what I am talking about
tongue.gif

I have DoA and SF4.. They have lots of content in different ways.

Even though sf4 has all of the characters unlocked from the get go, there are 35 fighters! DoA you unlock the majority via the short story, and end up mid 20's. Random figures as you play, and costumes for just speed running arcade course one. It's not very rewarding and all that encouraging.

DoA has time trials, boss fights and survival.. chronicle lasted 3 hours.. but its all so easy that I never feel like I'm learning much since everything ends in 1 round apart from free play

SF4 has challenges and arcade.. the difficulty ramps up in arcade and with the collectible achievments and titles/icons/figures that make me learn links on each character. Bigger roster, more varied styles. But I agree, DoA does look amazing

In DoA the thing thats making me better is actually only the touch screen while I whale on the 100 lifeless targets in survival.. The buttons light up and suggest follow ups to what you're pressing, it has been very useful in learning

You can't go wrong with either I suppose but they are both lacking in content. They do both have fantastic fighting gameplay at their core, though, and you should certainly pick a fighter over ridge racer!

cosmiccow

Original Hippie
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
shawnanastasio said:
I haven't really played many fighting games b4, but i was considering SSFIV because it got the best ratings.

Me neither, and I haven't really played SF before. I bought the 3DS version anyway.. and what should I say - I have to train a lot to get somewhat good at it.. it's already tiresome for me.

Now I am looking forward to DoA 3D. Maybe I am setting myself up for disappointed with that too but I know I had some fun with DOA3 on XBOX.

But either way, I can say it's not the games fault - fighting is not really my genre
wink.gif

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Nintendude92 said:
Lightning said:

tongue.gif

I have DoA and SF4.. They have lots of content in different ways.

Even though sf4 has all of the characters unlocked from the get go, there are 35 fighters! DoA you unlock the majority via the short story, and end up mid 20's. Random figures as you play, and costumes for just speed running arcade course one. It's not very rewarding and all that encouraging.

DoA has time trials, boss fights and survival.. chronicle lasted 3 hours.. but its all so easy that I never feel like I'm learning much since everything ends in 1 round apart from free play

SF4 has challenges and arcade.. the difficulty ramps up in arcade and with the collectible achievments and titles/icons/figures that make me learn links on each character. Bigger roster, more varied styles. But I agree, DoA does look amazing

In DoA the thing thats making me better is actually only the touch screen while I whale on the 100 lifeless targets in survival.. The buttons light up and suggest follow ups to what you're pressing, it has been very useful in learning

You can't go wrong with either I suppose but they are both lacking in content. They do both have fantastic fighting gameplay at their core, though, and you should certainly pick a fighter over ridge racer!

This will help.
biggrin.gif

Edit: nice work guy. Your really helping this guy.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haven't played Ridge Racer, but I have played SSFIV 3DS. Of the two, I'd easily opt for Ridge Racer. Street Fighter is my favorite fighting series -- always has been -- but I just don't enjoy playing it all that much on 3DS. Ridge Racer 3DS is supposed to be really tight, and past experience tells me it would be a more practical purchase for a handheld.

As an aside, if you absolutely want the most bang for your buck, I think Samurai Warriors Chronicles is at the top of the 3DS heap right now. I've clocked in over forty hours, and I'm just now starting the fourth (and final) part of the story, not to mention the Gaiden chapters and playing as the other main characters. That game's got major legs.

cosmiccow

Original Hippie
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
GeekyGuy said:
As an aside, if you absolutely want the most bang for your buck, I think Samurai Warriors Chronicles is at the top of the 3DS heap right now. I've clocked in over forty hours, and I'm just now starting the fourth (and final) part of the story, not to mention the Gaiden chapters and playing as the other main characters. That game's got major legs.
Ghost Recon is long as well. And it's fun. But it's strategy, not fighting.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had one before that, and never had one since