Gaming SSBB PAL - Burn with Mac

Venger82

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I'm a Mac user and need help burning SSBB PAL DVD-9.

I have a PAL Wii, 3.3E with Wiikey. All my past games have been burnt using Disk Utility with no problems.

I'm a little confused about burning SSBB though. I've tried with Disk Utility. The game loads in the channel window, boots but stops with white screen and 'read Wii instructions' error.

I have Verbatim Dual layer discs. I think the problem is I can't set a layer break when burning with Disk Utility.

Hope someone can help a humble Mac user.

Thanks guys.

(oh... loading Bootcamp or any other Windows emu is not an option at the moment).

Venger82

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OK guys, quick update. Found this on another Forum. Going to try this when I get home.

Hope this helps other Mac users.

Procedure

1. Open LiquidCD
2. Click the "Others" Icon
3. Select "Disk Image" from the dropdown menu
4. Drag and drop the SSBB iso file onto the LiquidCD window
5. Click the "Burn" icon (misleading, you won't burn quite yet)
6. Uncheck the "Leave disc appendable" box
7. Make sure "Advanced Options" box is unchecked. (This is where you can set custom layer-break info, but it is NOT NEEDED. Don't mess with it.)
8. Click the "Burn" button (which actually burns this time)

Thanks guys.

Yuuko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Verbatim Dual, mine is not recognized. My console is D2C, Wasabi recently installed, lens was cleaned when the chip was installed.

Burned with Disk utility.

Venger82

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I tried the method I posted above but still getting the same error. I'm going to try once more with Liquid CD but this time adding the layer break.

Let you know the outcome.

Any other input from fellow mac users would be a huge help.

Thanks

Venger82

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, after 4 copies of SSBB PAL burnt with my Mac I thought I would give the lens clean method a try.

So I opened my Wii and cleaned the lens (my house is very tidy and I do not smoke, my Wii is in great condition) and my original (first burn I did!) copy of SSBB PAL - DVD9 Burnt with Disk Utility now works great!!! So must be an issue with some launch day Wii's I guess.

Here was me thinking it was because I couldn't set a layer break on OS X. Good old Mac pulls through yet again! Yey for Disk Utility.

Take it easy guys.
rolleyes.gif

smg40

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

I grabbed the dvd-9 WIIERD image of SSBB and tried burning it on my iMac using Disk Utility, using Verbatim 2.4 +R DL. It burnt the track but after a long time "finalising" it spat the disk out and said that it'd failed to close the session. But I thought I'd try it anyway.

It gets to the white screen and stops. Doesn't give any error, just a blank white screen. Just wondering whether these are the same symptoms and i should open the Wii up and clean the laser? I've read in many places about hanging at the white screen, or at a black screen, or in-game. But I hadn't heard a mention of the 'read Wii instructions' message.

I'm down to my last DL disk, and if I can avoid using it trying LiquidCD that'd be great.

Venger82

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, mine used to hang at a White Screen. Sometime it would say "Wii manual... error" sometimes it wouldn't.

I would imagine that your disc has burnt. I'm not going to tell you to open your Wii and give the laser a clean but it worked for me!

I just opened it, got a Cotton Bud/Q-Tip with some Alcohol based glass cleaner and rubbed in circular motion. Put it back together and bang!

100% SSBB!!!

Oh... I have noticed that my Wii seems a lot quieter when reading discs after the clean too. So all is good!

Good Luck!

Yuuko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Wii seems to hate Verbatim DL 2,4x. For some reason, Verbatim DL 8x work like a charm, burned at 4x.

Go figure.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU