Hacking SSBB on DVD5?

Fluto

A potato in disguise
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I want to put my Original (copied to back up) game (super Smash Bros. Brawl) on a DVD5
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif

i looked at all of the tutorials none helped the only thing i've done is wii scrubbed it what do i need to do now?

Gargarlord

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
davidsl_128 said:
Well if I were you I'd download a DVD5 version from the internet, as long as you own the original game it's legal to re-download it... I think
wacko.gif
No, it is never legal to download anything -- you must make your own.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gargarlord said:
davidsl_128 said:
Well if I were you I'd download a DVD5 version from the internet, as long as you own the original game it's legal to re-download it... I think
wacko.gif
No, it is never legal to download anything -- you must make your own.

That may be too broad of a spectrum...

Fluto

A potato in disguise
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
so i have to download it . buddy this is Australia we pay a lot ore than you do for our internet whil you pay cheep isn't there another way?

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't you simply rebuild the ISO based on a backup you've made of SSBB? The only thing that's missing in the DVD5 version is a lot of the movies from subspace emissary mode, and they usually link back to the pikachu/zero samus movie when she gets her suit back. I don't know how to do this myself, but I'm sure there's a guide somewhere on it.

The other option is to not be lazy and go and buy a DL DVD. You can get 10 Verbatims (best brand) for £9.10 on Amazon.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
DeadlyFoez said:
I actually believe (someone correct me with RSA #'s if I'm wrong) but it is not illegal to download something that you already own as long as it is in the same or lessor format.

I.E. You can't purchase an MP3 file legally and then think you can download a FLAC of the same song on a P2P network and it be alright. But you could purchase a flac and then legally download an MP3 of the same song and no one reasonable would bitch about it.

No, it's not legal (at least) in the US & UK.

In the UK, you have no automatic legal right to backup anything either. In the US you can under fair use, as long as what you are doing is really a fair use.

Am0s

Mojo Risin
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
with all the talk and research and to burn it to find out your custom dvd 5 version doesnt work you could of downloaded the dvd5 version and be 100% working

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Am0s said:
with all the talk and research and to burn it to find out your custom dvd 5 version doesnt work you could of downloaded the dvd5 version and be 100% working

Sometimes doing things the hard way proves to be the most rewarding.

Fact of the matter is, downloading leaves many traces online that you're downloading a 100% illegal game (since it's modified from the original, thus even owning the original means you're not downloading the version you legally own). Many ISPs in the US and currently I think 8 ISPs in the UK will actively record and report any 'suspicious' activity, which includes downloading illegal games. I've heard countless reports of people getting warnings in the mail because they don't realise this (even though it's been in the news for around a year now) and where people have been prosecuted in court for it (meaning there is a precedent, which is the most important factor in law).

If you create the backup yourself, there is no real trace of it happening, so it's 'quasi-legal' (it might not strictly cohere to the law, but you cannot be prosecuted for it, providing of course that you don't start making copies of it and spreading it around). Quoting (roughly) G.I.Joe, "if you're going to supply arms to both sides, don't get caught".

EDIT: On the other hand, since when has any of this stopped anyone from just pirating all the games ever released? Since they can pirate, they often do pirate. Screw supporting the games producers, screw supporting the games distribution companies, "Screw the rules, I've got money" ... or in this case, screw the rules, they've got the internet. In any case, this argument has been repeated in endless flames in countless posts all over the interwebz.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol