ssbb exploit (any new news)

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by 25164963, Jul 14, 2009.

Jul 14, 2009

ssbb exploit (any new news) by 25164963 at 7:03 AM (1,333 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. 25164963
    OP

Newcomer 25164963 Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    just wondering if anyone has any new news on the release of comex's ssbb exploit as i am in desperate need to try it out as my wii is bricked and i can load original games and need my homebrew back as i miss the media player and i am willing to be a tester to see if i can unbrick my wii with it

2. wchill

Member wchill Resident chillxpert

United States
    If your Wii is bricked, this exploit won't work for you as you need functioning IOSes to run Brawl and use the exploit.

3. 25164963
    OP

Newcomer 25164963 Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    like i said i will be able to run brawl as i can run original games via savemiifrii. i just can't get into the system menu due to bad csm install. seems as the exploit doesn't run off the system menu and only sdcard then i will be able to run the exploit on the original disk of brawl and anyway at the end of the day it's worth trying it before i have to get a new wii and if it works then it'll be a new way of unbricking wii's

4. wchill

Member wchill Resident chillxpert

United States
    Well, there hasn't been any new news anyway on the exploit.

5. zektor

Member zektor GBAtemp Maniac

United States

This is because the current (Bannerbomb) exploit still works!

This has been discussed before. Releasing another exploit that is (as of now) unneeded is like shooting yourself in the foot. Why give Nintendo another hole to patch prematurely?

6. Dteyn

Member Dteyn GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    I agree, the SSBB exploit probably won't (and shouldn't) be released until after the version 4.2 (or whatever) of the System Menu comes out that patches the bannerbomb exploit. Even if it's something that isn't directly related to the system menu (like bannerbomb is), it's still bad practice to show your cards in advance when it's their move.

That would be like setting up your pieces in chess, hoping that your opponent makes a certain move, and then telling him "oh by the way I'm planning on wiping out your rook with my bishop". He'll just say "thanks!" and kill your bishop, leaving you going FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

[​IMG]

7. pspmte

Member pspmte GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    The cats aready out of the bag!

Hes told the big N where to look

Did anybody ever get far with the mario galaxy hack or the internet hack :-)

8. Alexrose

Member Alexrose Untitled

United Kingdom
    For the last time, they can't patch this. They can only fix the bug in the new discs. Nintendo can't do shit.

9. FenrirWolf

Member FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    They technically could roll out a version of IOS36 that stops the buffer overflow, but that would take time and effort to make sure that they don't break compatibility with any games that run off of IOS36.