Gaming SSBB can't read disc...

AdriaanB

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi all,

I have the Isohunt release of the SSBB game.
I made the ISO ready for burning with this method. I can't set a layer break, because on my windows machine I have no DL burner, I have an iMac with a DL burner, and I can't set a layer break in Disk Utilities here...

I've done the update, now I have double channels.
When I start the game, and chose some characters, a green screen appears and says"the game disc could not be read"...

How can I fix this?

Thanks!

Supah Eirian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I heard lots of people have had problems reading the disc, since it is one of the first Wii games that is dual layer. A lot of people have had to send in their consoles to get the disc reader cleaned, mainly people who smoke in their house. Nintendo is letting people send them in and cleaning them for free, but I wouldn't send them mine if I had a mod-chip in it.....
frown.gif

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Can you stop spreading Nintendo's lies, please.

To fix the issue, you have to turn the POT of your laser up very slightly. There's a guide on the Cyclowiz site.

helba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
tweaking your pot is a stupid idea.

why?

1. Ur taking out resistance, in order to get more power. This is bad because.
a) ur burning your laser
b) if done incorrectly, ur going to need a new laser.

2. Read above.

so before you think about tweaking it.. try a different dl media, it should help.
I've known some wiis have this symptom

1. Brand new pre-modded 2 types.
a) type one with via accessible on board, most likely from manufacturing company
a
b) vias are not exposed and the board has a different logo, most likey from manufacturing company b.

now,
a)when using verbatims dvd 5, will not accept those disks, whereas taiyo yudens work fine, and memorex too.
b) reads verbatims dvd 5 fine, and accepts taiyo yudends fine, but memorex gives constant DRE

Now.. it's all up to where your board was manufactured as nintendo has 3 different board suppliers I believe, maybe 2, this is just a rumor.

So, moral is, before you f*** ur wii's laser up.. read the above, is it really worth it? or just better to send it to nintendo for free? if it's modded, then pm me i'll help you get it to nintendo and back and still keep your wiikey board.

nirow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Dude...there is a freaking tutorial on the forum main page...

You...at least...have to look to it...
Ill not post the link because you are a MF lazy man...

IT is on the FIRST page...

You guys should stop being so lazy and do something for yourself...

or you want me to go to your home to make you play SSBB too?

God damn it...i get so pissed with these things!!

noisound

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@nirow
i know what you mean, lol. eventually i have been working on spoonfeeding links when i want to reply to a topic that has already been discussed alot. i found out its harder to make a no nonsense/helpful reply than it is to shout at the original poster that they should just not be lazy ! ;P also posting lots of links, instead of posting no links, will make it no excuse not to search

not everyone is pro at searching. i read a simple answer but then i cant remember where i got the source from. ;x more helpful posts makes searching easier with more words searchable

back to topic:

@AdriaanB
use wiiscrubber to shrink your dvd9 to dvd5 then use the patches to make the dvd5 work

wii scrubber
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=1868

How to create dvd5 SSBB NTSC-USA with fully playable SS emissary.
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=780...t&p=1036407

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3xQO7neBmy0&pp=ygUXU2hvd2VyIHNjZW5lIEhhbGYgYmFrZWQ%3D