SSB and CCP rant

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Vipera, Oct 5, 2014.

1. Vipera
    OP

Vipera Banned

Banned
    Aug 22, 2013
    United States
    Away from this shithole
    Why the hell won't the game support the CPP? This is bullshit. I hate Nintendo. I hate everyone.

2. Clydefrosch

Clydefrosch GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 2, 2009
    Gambia, The
    may i ask for what exactly you need the cpp in smash bros?

3. solarsaturn9
    This message by solarsaturn9 has been removed from public view by Densetsu, Oct 5, 2014, Reason: Posts containing only images aren't allowed.
    Oct 5, 2014
  4. drakorex

drakorex GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 19, 2011
    United States
    That wasn't so much a rant as it was a disgruntled outburst. So short, and not even an exclamation point to speak of. Put some fuckin FEELING into it, man!!!

Woodbin likes this.
  5. Vipera
    OP

Vipera Banned

Banned
    Aug 22, 2013
    United States
    Away from this shithole
    The L and R buttons are very uncomfortable to press. I'd rather use the CPP ones with the Z button for grabbing. Also smash attack spam.

6. solarsaturn9

solarsaturn9 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 29, 2012
    United States

Spamming moves in SSB4 is ineffective as spammed moves become less powerful when used in succession.

7. MOHRCORE

MOHRCORE Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 1, 2013
    Poland
    Niintedo answered this question for Kotaku. Basicaly - using CPP is additional 5% usage of CPU (yes, 5% which is really high usage for this type of periphereal) and 3DS can't handle this device. However the New 3DS will support it's additional stick. So I wouldn't wait for update that lets you use CPP until Nintendo were unable to find way to optimise this game.

8. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    That's true for Brawl and Melee too afaik.

9. tbb043

tbb043 Member

Jan 30, 2008
    United States
    Smash Bros uses a different mode than most games, using up too much of the CPU for them to run the CPP's overhead. That's the claim anyway, I'm sure some people think it's just a conspiracy to sell New systems. :wacko:

10. MOHRCORE

MOHRCORE Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 1, 2013
    Poland
    Indeed - I said that in my post. But I don't see a point in reason why people think that it might be only a claim and it's just because Nintendo wants to sell New systems. Nobody would pay so much for additional stick only to perform crappy instant smash attacks, which are meant to be charged...