Square Enix 1st Production Department Premier Thread!

Goli

RPG
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Welcome to the Square Enix 1st Production Department Premier hype and discussion thread!
? What is it?
The Square Enix 1st Production Department Premier (Formerly Fabula Nova Crystallis Conference) is an event that willl be held today at the Toho Cinemas in Roppongi Hill in Tokyo. Think of it as the Closed Mega Theater in previous Tokyo Game Shows or the DK?3713 event held a few years back.

? Why is it so important?
Because Square Enix will finally reveal more details regarding Final Fantasy Agito XIII and Versus XIII. Final Fantasy XIII, Agito XIII and Versus XIII are the currently announced games that conform the Fabula Nova Crystallis label. Think of it as what Square Enix did with the Ivalice Alliance label, which consisted of Final Fantasy Tactics A2, Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions, Final Fantasy XII: international Zodiac Job System and Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings.

? What else can we expect?
Nomura has already shed some details in this subject: "In addition to the Fabula Nova Crystallis related titles, there will be Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix, Kingdom Hearts 3D and Dissidia Duodecim Final Fantasy.", however, in the last time several intriguing trademarks and actions by Square Enix allow us to expect even more.
Realistic expectations:
-Final Fantasy Agito XIII (PSP) new trailer, release date, gameplay tidbits and hardware bundle revealed. More details in tomorrow's Famitsu and/or the next issue of Jump.
-Final Fantasy Versus XIII (PS3) new trailer, release date, gameplay tidbits, voice cast and hardware bundle revealed. More details in tomorrow's Famitsu and/or the next issue of Jump
-Details of Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix (PSP)'s Secret Episode.
-Dissidia 012 [duodecim] (PSP) character reveal, new trailer.
-A reminder of Final Fantasy IV Complete (PSP) Collection's release date.
-Kingdom Hearts 3D (3DS) release time frame.
Semi-realistic expectations:
-Final Fantasy XIII-2 announcement. (Website registered in the US)
-Final Fantasy Haeresis XIII announcement. (Trademarked)
-Final Fantasy Type-0 announcement. (Trademarked)
-Dissidia Duodecim Prologus announcement. (Trademarked)
-Before Crisis 3DS announcement. (Hajime Tabata wants to do it)
Unrealistic expectations:
-Final Fantasy V 3DS remake announcement. (SE is also releasing FFV in the VC today in Japan. Coincidence?)
-Final Fantasy VII HD remake announcement.
-Final Fantasy Legends Wii port announcement.
-Final Fantasy XV announcement.

? Where can I see it?
You can see it by yourself asuming you are in Tokyo and were one of the 300 people invited to each screening of the event. If you weren't then you can watch a stream, assuming you were one of the 10,000 people chosen by Square Enix to watch it. Otherwise you'll have to content with liveblogs (if there are any) and leaked details. There is however a chance that someone out of those 10,000 people will do a stream... of the stream! We can only hope! Famitsu will most likely have screens and photos when the event begins. You should check Siliconera and Andriasang too.

? Links and media
Event's Official Site
Famitsu
Siliconera
Andriasang
Fabula Nova Crystallis TGS 2010 trailer

Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix Jump Festa 2011 trailer

Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Jump Festa 2011 trailer

Goli

RPG
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Okami Wolfen said:
Are you sure it's today and not tomorrow? Cus it;s about 2 AM in Japan.
Exactly. It's 2 AM of the 18th. So yes, it is today.
EDIT: As of this post's moment I think it's like 4 AM actually...

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
The thought of FF7 being remade both thrills and terrifies me. I'm thrilled because it deserves a remake to get people over the Lego like graphics and to show its true potential. But I'm also worried because I'm sure there are people out there which will demand a way to revive Aerith. They just can't let go, even after all these years. Hell, I love FF7. I've written two fairly epic fanfics, one of which could have seen her revived, the option was there. I chose not to take it. Tetsuya Nomura always said she was destined to die. Who am I to argue?

I wouldn't mind a few more chunks of Duodecim info though. In fact I want to see Kaze from FF:Unlimited revealed. He'd use his red pistol for standard attacks, in EX mode he'd thaw the Magun, and his EX Burst would be you selecting the Soil Charge Triad, with the final attack being dependant on the combination you choose. The idea obviously needs a little work but the framework's there.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Only thing i'm interested in is the new Dissidia.
Wish it were coming sooner.

They need to let FF7 lay though. I'm getting tired of seeing it.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Hells Malice said:

Personally I think the FF7 saga needs one final chapter set right at the end to tie up all the loose ends. Show what happens to Cloud and Tifa, etc. Thankfully you don't have to wait for a game to tell you how it might all end. Just go to fanfiction.net and look for me
smile.gif

Empoleom

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
arogance1 said:
FF7 HD Remake - If this is for PS3 only I'll cry
why whould they remake FFVII to PS3, if it's avaible to PSN as PSone Classics, if they whould remake it, remake to the 3DS

Goli

RPG
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Hells Malice said:

Well, Dissidia 012 [duodecim] is coming out in Japan during the first few days of March and in Europe on the 25th of the same month. That wait isn't too long now, is it? :>
ninja.gif

Blaze163 said:
Personally I think the FF7 saga needs one final chapter set right at the end to tie up all the loose ends. Show what happens to Cloud and Tifa, etc. Thankfully you don't have to wait for a game to tell you how it might all end. Just go to fanfiction.net and look for me
smile.gif

Are FFVIIAC and DoC not enough? I agree with Hells Malice, they need to let FFVII. Now, why don't we start talking about a FFX prequel...

Empoleom said:
QUOTE(arogance1 @ Jan 17 2011, 05:30 PM)
FF7 HD Remake - If this is for PS3 only I'll cry
why whould they remake FFVII to PS3, if it's avaible to PSN as PSone Classics, if they whould remake it, remake to the 3DS
availiable* on*
Please remember an HD remake is in the "Unrealistic expectations" section, meaning, it probably won't happen. At least not now.

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Goli said:
Hells Malice said:

Well, Dissidia 012 [duodecim] is coming out in Japan during the first few days of March and in Europe on the 35th of the same month. That wait isn't too long now, is it? :>

Wut. I didn't know march had 35 days
tongue.gif

Anyway on topic. I'm extremely excited about the tidbits of KH3D.
I still want to know why the hell we'll be seeing KH1 Sora & Riku, AGAIN.
Going to keep stalking this thread btw
biggrin.gif

Goli

RPG
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
If I'm reading Famitsu's live blog correctly KH's name is Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance 3D.
EDIT: RPGSite noticed it too. :>

Goli

RPG
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
So it turned out Dissidia Duodecim Prologus is a paid demo.
Unbelievable
rofl.gif
SE be trollan yo.
I still love them
EDIT: And it's out today! I can't wait to get it...
tpi.gif
Lightning
wub.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: See ya see ya later later