Spyro Reignited Trilogy delayed

IMG_0381.JPG

Originally scheduled for a September 21st release, Activision have regretfully informed fans that they would have to wait a little bit longer for their remake of the classic Spyro series. Toys for Bob, the ones behind the remake cited that the Reignited Trilogy "needs love and care", which means it had to be pushed to November 13. The remake of Spyro 1-3 will be available on both Xbox One and PlayStation 4 when it launches on its new release date, while a PC and Switch version have been accidentally leaked multiple times, but not confirmed yet.

Everyone here at Toys for Bob is so proud to be reigniting the original Spyrotrilogy after all these years. We're deeply committed to getting these games right, so we’ve decided to move the release date of Spyro Reignited Trilogy to November 13, 2018. I really hoped that you would be rescuing dragons and scorching Rhynocs sooner, but the Trilogy needs more love and care. In November when you’re exploring the Dragon Realms, Avalar and the Forgotten Worlds, we know you’ll agree the extra time was worth the wait.

The adventure continues,

:arrow: Source

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Good, hopefully that means they'll put the other two games on the disc.
nha, the game is made by Activision, expect that Spyro 1 is immediately access after purchase, but 2 or 3 requires you to input 9999 gems to unlock or have to purchase 100 loot boxes to get early unlock.

Last edited by leon315,

AbyssalMonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
bethesda does this all the time
Plenty of companies do it. That doesn't mean it's good for you the consumer, the only one who you should care about. Complacency like this is why this exact situation is happening.

The problem ultimately comes down to this: Activision is releasing a "physical edition" of a trilogy, except that the entire damn thing isn't on it. What they're releasing is a physical edition of the first game, which knowing Activision will require the download of the rest of the game off the servers in order for you to even play that. No one would be complaining this hard if the physical edition didn't exist and Activision simply stated that they believe that the logistical cost of delivering the product would outweigh the profits gained from it. However they can't use that excuse as they are shipping a product, and in all the more likelihood, it isn't even complete. That doesn't mean it couldn't be complete, it just means they didn't want to fucking complete it.

Activision has no excuse to not put the entire trilogy on the disk. None. The fact that they haven't implies that either the entire game isn't complete yet, which would be absolutely hilarious, welcome to early access physical editions (I would *love* to see the lawsuit against that for false advertising), or they want further control over a product that you bought. You might be fine with a corporatocracy which controls and rations out what you are allowed to own and consume, but many people are not.

On a related note, welcome to why I support piracy. Companies can't take away single player games that are disconnected from their servers via cracking, and sit on my hard drive.

Last edited by AbyssalMonkey,

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What if the trilogy is on the disk, but 2 & 3 are "locked" and the Day 1 patch "unlocks" the games to play?
IDK if I'd prefer the Switch version on 3 cartridge or all in one

Reactions: MarkDarkness

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
So many fucking delays... 2018 is the year of delays. It's official, you heard it here first.
Which is why devs need to quit announcing a release date until they're sure. :v

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe they'll actually make it so more than one game is on a disc. Cheapskates. Preorder cancelled.

Vicarious Vision did a better job doing their Crash remasters.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You know they would put the first on the cart and download the rest.

Switch version hasn't even been officially confirmed.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

Skittyusedcovet

Gbatemp’s Favourite Skitty
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I appreciate the delay. I know at the end of the day were getting an awesome Spyro game I can play on the switch. I played Spyro on my ps1 way back when so its quite nostalgic for me. Gotta love me some Spyro.

D

Deleted User

You must not play any modern console games. A majority are download only. Discs are pretty much just little decorations that sit in your console to verify a purchase and nothing else. Switch is about the only thing still putting game data on their carts, and if I recall some games still require downloads to be complete.

Also "sloppy" is when devs say "Eh fuck it release the game, we'll fix it after."
Responsible devs delay games to deliver a proper experience. Anyone who would ever fault a dev for delaying a game is an idiot, unless it's clearly due to mismanagement (which is typically only a thing for crowdfunded indie devs).
Im sorry what? alot of misinformation here. Discs are just as useful as they ever have been.

Saying a disc is a verify disc is a lie. The game data is on that disc.

I don't understand how you can blatantly lie and people upvote you?

Last edited by ,

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I appreciate the delay. I know at the end of the day were getting an awesome Spyro game I can play on the switch. I played Spyro on my ps1 way back when so its quite nostalgic for me. Gotta love me some Spyro.

Assuming it's more than a leak and actually confirmed for Switch, sure.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also "sloppy" is when devs say "Eh fuck it release the game, we'll fix it after."
Responsible devs delay games to deliver a proper experience. Anyone who would ever fault a dev for delaying a game is an idiot, unless it's clearly due to mismanagement (which is typically only a thing for crowdfunded indie devs).
From what I've seen, release dates actually have little to do with completion of the game and more to do with maximizing sales, at least in the case of big-name publishers. This is why you see things like day 1 patches and beta-quality retail builds in games released too early. Some will simply sit on the finished product until the holiday shopping season (keep in mind November 15 is pretty close to this). This is evidenced by the fact that there have been several games with pirated versions out months before their official release date.

Mismanagement isn't reserved for idiots on kickstarter either. The way NISA have botched Disgaea 5's PC release from the beginning with the beta key mishap and then delaying a fully-functioning game not once but twice demonstrates god-tier incompetence. Speaking of NISA, delaying a game doesn't magically make it better if no one actually puts in the hours to fix it, as was the case with Ys 8.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: +1