GCN Spyro Enter the Dragon

wiitendo84

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just made a code for the NTSC Gamecube game and tested it out for infinite health. It's been a while since I have hacked a code for Gamecube games. So I'm going back over all of my games to make sure that they all work. Wiitendo/Jsouthpark is what I went by during that time.
Infinite health
BM4K PAP0 RT7DJ
8ZN4 FF58 FXN9X

If someone has made this code just let me know. I haven't found one for it but hey getting back in the game lol

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just made a code for the NTSC Gamecube game and tested it out for infinite health. It's been a while since I have hacked a code for Gamecube games. So I'm going back over all of my games to make sure that they all work. Wiitendo/Jsouthpark is what I went by during that time.
Infinite health
BM4K PAP0 RT7DJ
8ZN4 FF58 FXN9X

If someone has made this code just let me know. I haven't found one for it but hey getting back in the game lol
How do you go about making these codes? Are you actively looking at ram and poking values?

wiitendo84

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It depends on what you're using. Back in the gamecube era, in order to hack you had to use psoload, broadband adapter, phantasy star online not the plus version, and a crossover cat 5 cable, along with GCNrd on the pc side. Some games would load but crash, some wouldn't load at all, and some would be fine. Enter the dragonfly was one that would load but for some reason wouldn't hook to gcnrd. So hacking it was a pain. But I tried dolphin emulator and was able to find the address after about 4 or 5 searches. There use to be a ton of information on how to do it but it seems to have been lost with different hacking sites closing down. Right now I've been trying to figure out where to find the info for the hook address to some games that didnt work on the gamecube hacking but work in dolphin.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Using either of these methods it's really just doing searches of known or unknown values. So if your max lives was 4, do a search for 4 then lose a life. At that point you would be at 3 so do a search for that and it narrows down the possibilities. Then it's just poking the address that it gives you to see if it changes.

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It depends on what you're using. Back in the gamecube era, in order to hack you had to use psoload, broadband adapter, phantasy star online not the plus version, and a crossover cat 5 cable, along with GCNrd on the pc side. Some games would load but crash, some wouldn't load at all, and some would be fine. Enter the dragonfly was one that would load but for some reason wouldn't hook to gcnrd. So hacking it was a pain. But I tried dolphin emulator and was able to find the address after about 4 or 5 searches. There use to be a ton of information on how to do it but it seems to have been lost with different hacking sites closing down. Right now I've been trying to figure out where to find the info for the hook address to some games that didnt work on the gamecube hacking but work in dolphin.
Wow very informative. It sounds like in some ways things have gotten a lot easier, but in other ways they've gotten harder because of so much lost knowledge due to websites closing down.

Interesting to think that the internet is being largely lost as we move forward. Not everything can be properly archived unfortunately. Just imagine how much unrecoverable human culture we are losing everyday.

wiitendo84

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree. When I say there was a wealth of knowledge, I mean that there was enough that could have potentially been it's own book. Most hackers are gone from the scene. These were the people that gave Datel and madcatz a run for their money on codes being made. If I'm not mistaken they were also the first to make codes that weren't just invincible or infinite whatever. Walk on water codes, moonwalk, etc. Man I miss a lot of them. Hoping that the switch hacking scene takes off to the point that it will be like the gamecube era.
Edit:
Cosmocourtney is one hacker from the gamecube era that I think is still around here.

Last edited by wiitendo84,
Reactions: x65943

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Push it :creep: