Spoof issue

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by itsjch, Feb 27, 2016.

1. itsjch
    OP

itsjch Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 22, 2016
    Australia
    Sydney
    Hi so I spoofed my wii U from 5.3.2 to 5.5.1 all went well but when I try to update a game or just do things normaly Im still getting hassled by updating my console is this normal?

2. Jow Banks

Jow Banks GBAtemp Regular

Nov 6, 2015
    Netherlands
    Whatever you do, don't make the mistake many here did in thinking Spoofing=Update Protection.
    Your console will still update to "real" 5.5.1 unless you protect it with TubeHax or whatever, even if it is spoofed to 5.5.1 correctly.

As far as updates for your games and such, search here about using one of the NUS tools and you will find your answers.

3. itsjch
    OP

itsjch Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 22, 2016
    Australia
    Sydney
    Yeah I downloaded an update from NUS but the update dident work when installing so I am trying it again but longer this time the update file is 2.8gbs
    I ran it for 30 mins ima try 1 hour

4. Kakkoii

Kakkoii Old fart

Sep 14, 2007
    Canada
    Make sure you downloaded the update and not the full game... People often make this mistake when they ctrl+f to look for what they want on the Wiki. The first half of your NUSGrabber code should be "0005000E" for updates, not "00050000". And there should be a "title.tik" file in the folder, or else it won't be able to install.