Splatoon Bundle firmware

Discussion in 'Wii U - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by kiryu1, Jul 5, 2015.

1. kiryu1
    OP

kiryu1 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 4, 2014
    Hello there, I'm seeing a new "Nintendo Wii U Splatoon 32Gb Deluxe Edition" at our gamestops and I'm wondering if the console is the same with game's firmware 5.3.2...

I fear that old deluxe black bundles(regular, mario 3d, mario/weegee and the rare wind walker) will be gone soon from the stores and I would be left with the Splatoon deluxe ones once I have the money to purchase one and hopefully, they're <5.3.2..

2. endoverend

endoverend AKA zooksman

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    endoverend is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 6, 2013
    United States
    The console itself will most likely be 5.3.2, but it only comes with a Splatoon download code, not a physical copy, meaning that in order to play Splatoon you'll need to update your firmware to 5.4.0 to access the eShop and redeem the code. Nintendo Land, however, comes preinstalled.

Don't take my word for it though, because no one has reported the firmware of this bundle yet. Besides, this bundle is a huge waste of money.

Last edited by endoverend, Jul 5, 2015
    HaloEffect17 and kiryu1 like this.
  3. kiryu1
    OP

kiryu1 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 4, 2014
    Thanks, yeah I've searched the internet for a report of the bundle.. Hope someone here review it here and post of the details..

4. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    It would be pretty pointless to play Splatoon on a 5.3.2 console anyway. You'd be limited to offline, and offline is pretty worthless in Splatoon.

5. thorasgar

thorasgar Checkout my evil Soon-in-atorâ„¢

Jul 3, 2010
    United States
    Wal marts usually have a layaway. That might solve your problem.

6. kiryu1
    OP

kiryu1 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 4, 2014
    I want it for 5.3.2 for homebrews and h4x.. I don't play online much anyway..

I'm from the Philippines and we don't have Walmarts:D
    what is a layaway btw.. :)

7. thorasgar

thorasgar Checkout my evil Soon-in-atorâ„¢

Jul 3, 2010
    United States
    Sorry I checked your flag but must have biffed. Anyway, a layaway is a program where you take your purchases to a special counter and make a small payment on them and then the store holds them. You continue to make small payments on a schedule. Essentially it lets you take advantage of sale prices if you can't pay for the items immediately. I have never done it but I think that's how it works.

kiryu1 likes this.
  8. kiryu1
    OP

kiryu1 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 4, 2014
    Thanks, we have that on some gamestops on our area but only for credit cards.. Installment plans they call that.

Hope someone here could update with the installed firmware for the Splatoon bundle.

9. drichard

drichard Member

Newcomer
    Dec 12, 2013
    Just unpacked my Wii U Basic Splatoon Bundle. The installed firmware is 4.0.2E. A Gamepad update was necessary, but I did not connect to the internet to perform it.

kiryu1 likes this.
  10. kiryu1
    OP

kiryu1 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 4, 2014

Thanks!