'Splatoon 3' release date revealed

splat 3.JPG

Nintendo revealed the release date for Splatoon 3 today and aired a new trailer for the occasion, showcasing the Turf War gameplay:

Enter the Splatlands, a sun-scorched desert inhabited by battle-hardened Inklings and Octolings. Splatsville, the city of chaos, is the adrenaline-fueled heart of this dusty wasteland.

Even in this desolate environment, Turf War* reigns supreme and battles rage in new stages located in the surrounding wilds. Dynamic new moves help these fighters dodge attacks and cover more ground, along with a new bow-shaped weapon to sling ink.

Join Agent 3 in a fight against the unruly Octarians in story mode. Discover the secrets of Alterna, the Fuzzy Ooze, and how they connect to the mode's theme, "Return of the Mammalians.”

Team up and fend off waves of dangerous Salmonid bosses in the next iteration of Salmon Run*, a co-op mode with fresh new features.

Splatoon 3 will launch on the Nintendo Switch this September 9th and is available to pre-order for $60 on the Switch eShop.

:arrow: SOURCE

Aheago

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully they have an actual multiplayer with goals this time around

The last game you could rank up, but you’d always get the same winning/losing xp no matter how good/bad you did in the match. Making the whole ranking system just a grind fest

Just win/lose X amount of matches to reach your desired rank

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What could they possibly be doing with this that they can't just add to Splatoon 2? This seems more like "pay $60 if you want to continue playing with the largest player-base."
they release a new Call of Duty or Battlefield yearly, I don't think releasing a new Splatoon five years after the last one is that egregious.

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What could they possibly be doing with this that they can't just add to Splatoon 2? This seems more like "pay $60 if you want to continue playing with the largest player-base."
Yeah, I mean I bought the first two + DLC, but won't be going for this anytime soon if ever. Maybe this strategy will still work out for Nintendo though. I'm curious how the sales figures will look compared to Splatoon 2 and still hope it at least lives up for the diehard Splatoon fans.

Reactions: k7ra

Worldblender

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Announced alongside this- for those with the Nintendo Switch Online Expansion Pack, the Splatoon 2 Octo Expansion has been added to it, along side the existing DLC previously added. A picture of this can be found at the original tweet below:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Proxy sites, not very effective.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    if ur on a Chromebook and cant change jack about the laptop that's what I gotta use
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    One of the sites that weren't blocked on the school's network was some file uploading sites. I would upload some games, write down the URL and take it to school one day.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I did it when the teachers werent looking ofc. I even managed to take in a USB stick that wasn't allowed.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my school has a chrome extension called light speed filter agent and it legit blocks YouTube pfps since the file cdn(I think aka yt3.ggpht.com) is classed as mature
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    mhm
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    they have other stuff like goguardian too
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ours mainly relied on the router, I believe.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Until YT updated some stuffs and broke the website.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I was 2 in 2010
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh lol
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This was in the Minecraft-era.
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: a