Splatoon 2 Online play

Big_8

Mii Superstar
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
My parents have not let me use wifi for splatoon 2, and i don't want ot pay money for online play. is there any way to play online for free?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well if your parents won't let you use wifi and you can't get nintendo switch online subscription then it is too bad for you, there is no free online service for the switch.

Imancol

Otak Productions
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
In my country you can get a savings account with a virtual debit card. And teenagers can open one and use them for their consumption of online services. I suppose that in the most developed countries they have some similar system

Big_8

Mii Superstar
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
In my country you can get a savings account with a virtual debit card. And teenagers can open one and use them for their consumption of online services. I suppose that in the most developed countries they have some similar system
I wish i knew how to do that

KokoseiJ

GBAtemp VOCALOID Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
There's really not much we can tell you in this situation if things are strictly controlled by your parents. Even if you get your network sorted out, NSO subscription is something you MUST pay.

Though I can suggest you some ways here:

For the network:
1. If you got your PC in a room and it is connected to the internet via LAN cable, you can get a USB to LAN adapter (it's embedded in a dock if you have the OLED one), and plug it in. only works if you're using a monitor to play it.

2. You can extract the wifi password from your android or PC. I don't remember the details so you gotta search that up

3. In most of the recent phones you can start a Wifi hotspot from your phone, while being connected to your home wifi. The connection quality would be bad but if your parents are monitoring a network to see if you're not using any additional devices, this could work (though that'd be very extreme case)

For paying the NSO:
1. In most countries they do sell prepaid NSO codes offline which you can purchase with physical money, and I believe they cost like $25 for a year. It's a fair deal imo, especially if you're planning to constantly play throughout a year.

2. In some countries you can also get prepaid VISA which I believe you could use for online payments. You could then purchase your subscription from E-Shop, though I think this is less likely the case compared to 1

3. If it's too much, often times there are people who will share the family subscription where one only pays for 1/n of the price. It is way cheaper compared to buying it for you alone, so if you have access to something like paypal or any ways of sending money between individuals you could look into that.

almmiron

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Firs thing: Obey your parents, grow up and pay for your own shit.

But, for educational purposes: There's a Lan mode, and you can tunel LAN "online" by using some software on pc, and changing some settings on your switch. You will connect on custom LAN-Online servers

http://www.lan-play.com/

No cfw required.

Aetopia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Firs thing: Obey your parents, grow up and pay for your own shit.

But, for educational purposes: There's a Lan mode, and you can tunel LAN "online" by using some software on pc, and changing some settings on your switch. You will connect on custom LAN-Online servers

http://www.lan-play.com/

No cfw required.
CFW will be only required for games that do not support Lan Multiplayer out of the box.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/8tRQnqT