BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bet it makes more money than the Avengers and Batman Dark Knight Rises combined.
gallery_109594_291_184414.png
But seriously, what do you guys think? My bet is that it will be good but not any sort of blockbuster this summer.

Im really happy Emma Stone is in this one, she is a Fox. Also im pumped its Gwen Stacy hes going after this time instead of freaking MJ.

I am not happy that the origin is being messed with. I mean the big three, Spiderman, Batman, and Iron man, you dont mess with their origins. Seriously.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looked kinda dumb all around. The new Peter Parker has too much of a hipster-pretty boy look to him to play off as the nerdy, socially awkward Peter Parker we've grown used to.

The movie itself seemed pretty confusing from the trailers. I mean we never really know who he's battling outside of some crocodile looking thing which seems like a shit villain. In the past we had Green Goblin, who was a rather tragic villain, and Doc Oct, who was much the same. It's what made the first two Spiderman movies good. Here, a lot of it seems unclear. It's just Spiderman going around the city with random scenes of CGI (which doesn't even look that good honestly). I'm not a huge Spiderman fan but it seems like it's getting the shit end of the stick in terms of this year's superhero movies.

Unless we get another Fantastic Four or Green Lantern movie or something, those are always shit.

Reactions: 5 people

finkmac

Trophies
Website
www.epicwinrar.com
XP
Country
Canada
Not really into Super Hero movies, personally… I liked the first movie, Haven't seen any of the other ones…
This one looks pretty decent, I'm probably going to watch it… After it comes on DVD or iTunes or whatever, I don't do movie theatres…

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean we never really know who he's battling outside of some crocodile looking thing which seems like a shit villain.

The Lizard you mean? thought he was a popular enough villain for most to know, and is just as tragic as the green goblin really

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean we never really know who he's battling outside of some crocodile looking thing which seems like a shit villain.

The Lizard you mean? thought he was a popular enough villain for most to know, and is just as tragic as the green goblin really

But I don't exactly see a giant lizard giving some tragic monologue as he faces down Spiderman.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looked kinda dumb all around. The new Peter Parker has too much of a hipster-pretty boy look to him to play off as the nerdy, socially awkward Peter Parker we've grown used to.

The movie itself seemed pretty confusing from the trailers. I mean we never really know who he's battling outside of some crocodile looking thing which seems like a shit villain. In the past we had Green Goblin, who was a rather tragic villain, and Doc Oct, who was much the same. It's what made the first two Spiderman movies good. Here, a lot of it seems unclear. It's just Spiderman going around the city with random scenes of CGI (which doesn't even look that good honestly). I'm not a huge Spiderman fan but it seems like it's getting the shit end of the stick in terms of this year's superhero movies.

Unless we get another Fantastic Four or Green Lantern movie or something, those are always shit.
From the trailer i watched, im pretty sure hes fighting with Lizard, who is a rather large villain in the Spiderman series.

Yeah, Fantastic 4 was horrid and Green Lantern was a basket of empty promises. However, Avengers? Was the best movie i ever saw, and im sure Batman will be good as well.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From the trailer i watched, im pretty sure hes fighting with Lizard, who is a rather large villain in the Spiderman series.

Yeah, Fantastic 4 was horrid and Green Lantern was a basket of empty promises. However, Avengers? Was the best movie i ever saw, and im sure Batman will be good as well.

I'm not terribly familiar with Spiderman lore so I forgive my ignorance in that matter, but I thought most people thought of Mysterio or Doc Oct when they think of Spiderman.

But yeah, it'll be hard to beat the Avengers this year, even with DKR. I think it was just a bad time to release Spiderman. It's wedged in between the record-breaking Avengers and what's sure to be the record breaking Dark Knight Rises. Either way it'll be the weakest superhero flick of the year, even if it is good.

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not going to watch it in the theaters but I'll probably wait for the DVD release. I think it'll be an okay movie judging by the trailers.

cris92x

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not terribly familiar with Spiderman lore so I forgive my ignorance in that matter, but I thought most people thought of Mysterio or Doc Oct when they think of Spiderman.

But yeah, it'll be hard to beat the Avengers this year, even with DKR. I think it was just a bad time to release Spiderman. It's wedged in between the record-breaking Avengers and what's sure to be the record breaking Dark Knight Rises. Either way it'll be the weakest superhero flick of the year, even if it is good.
The lizard is a very recognizable villain and a tragic one, hes always peter's friend who is looking into a way to regrow limbs like reptiles and he has a family and everything and basically he becomes this dr jekyl and hide character I mean the lizard has always been a much more likeable character than the green goblin, hes a good father and husband and turns into a monster. Also in the first 3 spiderman movies Dr.Connors(lizard) has always made an appearance and he was set up to show up in the next movie but since spiderman 4 got scrapped I assumed they still decided to stick with the lizard as it hasn't appeared in the other movies.
Anyway I think this movie is going to confuse the general public, mechanical web shooters, no mary jane, hipster peter instead of nerdy peter, I honestly do not like peter parker's appearance in this new movie it just seems off.

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

But I don't exactly see a giant lizard giving some tragic monologue as he faces down Spiderman.

its been a few years but I don't remember the green goblin quite delving into the human soul of tragedy during the first spiderman film, i just recall "DIE!" being said a lot. It is all to do with the history of the character

Vampire Lied

Resident sociopath
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game looks pretty fun in terms of the combat but not something ill drop $60 on.
The movie, maybe ill check it out once it hits redbox.
The spiderman movies are over hyped in general imho.
Batman on the other hand, that'll be badass!

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The first trailer was just awful; the second was a little better, but the damage had already been done.

I loved the character growing up, and the first two movies are pretty great. The less said about the third one, the better, and this just seems to be adding salt to the wound.

(I've also heard it said, though I can't remember where exactly, that Sony was really unhappy with the creators of this new movie. Apparently, if they movie does well enough to warrant a direct sequel, they'll be replacing a lot of people. Who knows how the actual film will turn out, but that doesn't inspire much in the way of confidence.)

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I'm thinking of the right movie I don't think it'll be too good. Based on the trailers it seems like he's too mouthy. I'll admit Spiderman is/always has been mouthy but it seems like they tried to fit in a Deadpool-style humor but screwed up and got some antagonizing-little brother pseudo humor instead. I'll pass.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was looking forward to the movie, the trailers did a really good job (the later ones anyway) and then I saw this scene:

Along with the others shown, I get a feeling that while it wont be a bad movie, it won't be a great movie, it'll just be ok.

I think it's a needless reboot, from what people have said to me and what I've heard around all over the general feel is"oh yeah its just like the first film but with a new actor and villain only n 3D, might not bother with it"...so I get a feeling that while it'll make money it won't be as huge a hit as previous films.

If Sony really had to make a Spider-Man movie they could have easily not mentioned the previous movie and started it with something like "Parker went away travelling for a couple of years, came back, MJ is away but Gwen is there blah blah have some return to action do what worked in the first two movies etc". Sure have some different actors but I felt the overall tone of the first two were just right for Spider-Man. For me, they should have either have taken a break from it, just like WB did with Batman.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I still don't know about this movie. I'll defintely watch it and try to like it as much as it deserves it but tbh I think if an origin story was so well told as in Spider-Man from the Toby-trilogy I think it defintely is not necessary to tell it again. It really was so good: it was tragic, funny and mysterious at the same time.

I have the same feeling on Batman: Begins told such a good origin Story that I much rather have someone do it like Burton and just throw you into an adventure with that particular hero the next time...

And on lizardman: I think there is plenty of ways to make this character tragic. I mean let's look at Hulk: even though he was a great comic relief character in The Avengers normally he is pretty tragic, even though he is such a raging thing! So there is definitely potential for lizardman!

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
what i really dont like is, how lizard looks like the abomination from the better hulk movie (the one that belongs to the avengers movie)
so generic and lame.
to me, lizard was always this cool reptilian dude with the raptor face and wearing a labcoat. damn the labcoat made him so cool. and he was slimmer back then too. i liked him as an agile thin lizard dude.

its like hulks pink pants. they were just something special that didnt make sense, but gave them a look that was less generic you know.

i like spidermans new costume, though i'd like white eyes rather than those... ski-goggle like things.

also yeah, he looks too good and seems to happy to be the peter parker i enjoy (thats the one thing i dont like about the ultimate spiderman cartoon thats running atm too. he looks too good. other than that, i like that show though)
he will fit a venom/black spiderman story much better though. looking back at spiderman 3, parker looked like a retard when he was acting all smug and loverlike.

i too like it, that they dont put mj in this. dont get me wrong, i like the character too, but unless she dies or turns into a puddle of water at some point, i dont want anything to do with her

what I really want to see is, if they ever give us a movie about the new hispanic spiderman. you know, that, i could get into, hes pretty much a new character, so there is less to mess up on, many people dont know him yet so it'd be something new (most people watching spiderman today only know peter parker from the movies anyway so they wouldnt care) and in general, it would probably open the door for many more movies about heroes being replaced by a successor (like robin becoming nightwing and then batman, or batmans son becoming the batman, flash and his family, superman and superboy etc etc)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/eJV6GaIEgd4?si=ciLPnlhfd7XcrxQn