Spiderman reboot anyone?

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Love it, hate it or just inbetween; this movie is getting a trilogy due to its box office success.

:arrow:Source

Apparently the secret of Peter's parents is never fully explained during the course of the movie. I'm guessing they are going to make that plot line the central conflict of the next two movies.

Arnold Schwarzen

Trophies
Website
gov.ca.gov
XP
Country
United States
I'm glad we are at least getting two more movies. I watched this movie again for the second time again since my friend wanted to see it and I still loved it as much as I did the first time around. Easily my favorite Spidey flick. The sequels are bound to be more amazing no doubt.

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
Love it, hate it or just inbetween; this movie is getting a trilogy due to its box office success.

Apparently the secret of Peter's parents is never fully explained during the course of the movie. I'm guessing they are going to make that plot line the central conflict of the next two movies.

S.H.I.E.L.D Agents. Hopefully their introduction in the movie leads to an Avengers Part 2 Cameo.

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States

S.H.I.E.L.D Agents. Hopefully their introduction in the movie leads to an Avengers Part 2 Cameo.
I'd love for something like this but I can see a little thing called Rights coming in the way and Peter's parents simply being known as secret agents throughout the TASM trilogy :-/

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country

I'd love for something like this but I can see a little thing called Rights coming in the way and Peter's parents simply being known as secret agents throughout the TASM trilogy :-/

Nah, Sony and Marvel love making money. They'll come to terms about Spidey making at least a small cameo and at most a starring role alongside the rest of gang.

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Copy pasta-ing short opinion from my own Facebook (with minor edits):

I thought the film was amazing! I would think that if you love Spider-Man comics you'd definitely be pleased. The only books I read are of the original Marvel 616 universe (read just a bit of the 60's and 70's ones, some 80's but mostly 90's to current) and I can tell you Spidey is very accurate to his comic book self. This is a big thing I've always wanted to see on the big screen and I'm very happy to see it accomplished. Thank God! The web swinging is awesome and really believable, puts the scenes in the Raimi films to shame. Also iconic poses throughout. That being said I loved the film as a whole and the only thing I dislike is having to wait for more :P
With the webslinging and how Peter gets to do it is just perfect in this film. In the comics its hard to believe that a kid can make all of these just on his own and with his basic allowance. The original trilogy did the "Peter makes the webs biologically" thing which I guess makes sense but not really true to the comics, this film though I think they got it spot on.
I always felt the web coming out of Peter's wrists was kinda gross (and to think that he's swinging and hanging around by these threads that come out of his wrists.. *shudders* ew).. and I like Andrew Garfield a lot better than Tobey Maguire.. he was just a really awkward fellow imo..

invidente7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I watched it...it's an okay movie, however I have an issue with Peter ACTUALLY remembering his parents. yes peter did have a mon and and dad at some point but they left when he was JUST A BABY, that's why Uncle ben and Aunt May are so important and dear to him, that single change lessens the importance of Uncle Ben's death, althought I did like Deanis Leary as Captain Stacy.

....Just WHERE was Jonah H. Jameson AND the daily bugle?! ugh seriously, but even so I wasn't as bad as I thought it would be

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw it in 3D, and my only problem with the movie is that I saw it after The Avengers. As much as I love Spiderman, it's so hard to top that film. I liked it better than the Toby McGuire series, but I couldn't help thinking the entire time: "If only they could have had another season of Spectacular Spiderman!!!!"

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I saw it and I cannot express on how many levels I think it is inferior to the Toby movies...

The only thing I really liked are the first person-shots, since those really got you immersed into the character and the over all choreography of the fights.. Looked amazing.Other then that I am hugely disappointed!

Arnold Schwarzen

Trophies
Website
gov.ca.gov
XP
Country
United States
I can't fap to that opinion. I really hated Tobey's version of the character not to say it's entirely his fault but I never saw him pulling off Spider-Man very well no matter who writes him. He's great in films like Pleasantville and Brothers but he's no Peter Parker. Other than some miscasts the Raimi films are a great story and I really dig the villains for the most part (particularly Green Goblin and Doc Ock). Willem Dafoe should've just painted his face green instead of wearing the mask. His creepiness was amazing.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw it and I cannot express on how many levels I think it is inferior to the Toby movies...

The only thing I really liked are the first person-shots, since those really got you immersed into the character and the over all choreography of the fights.. Looked amazing.Other then that I am hugely disappointed!
1. really? toby was superior?
2. If anything they broke my immersion, at least, for me. I thought those shots looked awful.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

2. If anything they broke my immersion, at least, for me. I thought those shots looked awful.
Yeah, many people disliked the first trailer because of the first-person-shots and in the film they definitely reduced them. I for one love them but maybe just because they remind me of Mirrors Edge - One of my fav games ;)

Still don`t really like the movie though but as I said I thought the FP-shots were a highlight!

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah. Fair assessment. i can groove to that.

I personally thought the new one was a vast improvement over the original, other than messing with the origins a bit.

[title=actually a spoiler for the spiderman universe]
I was worried when they were talking about a bridge and norman osborn, in the comics, Green goblin drops Gwen Stacy off a bridge and kills her. for good. like end of the line. i dont think i would watch Emma Stone die.

wafflebeard

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States

^^THIS.

The film was by no means perfect (first person shots, some thin spots in the narrative, "I'm swingin' heah, I'm swingin' heah!") but I loved almost everything about it: Andrew Garfield as Peter, EMMA STONE, most of the cinematography, the really interesting musicalscore, making Peter a skater, and those fights.

Oh my Glob you guys those fights.

Despite the fact that he fought a little more skillfully than a gangly 17 year old with no training should have, he fought like Spider-Man would have fought. He used his speed, agility, flexibility, and fast reflexes like a boss and utilized his (thankfully mechanical) web shooters to great tactical advantage, plus some lightweight but still nice parkour scenes. These fights blow anything in the original trilogy out of the water, especially because Andrew Garfield was actually doing a lot of the stunt work, at least as much as the insurance companies would let him do. Mads props to him, says I.

Heh. Peter Parkour.

Reactions: 1 person

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then again i was only worried about the spoiler after you told me.

gallery_109594_291_58448.jpeg

Reactions: 3 people

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FzVN9kIUNxw +1