ROM Hack Animal Crossing: New Leaf Save Editor

Totally Tim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I found the addresses for the first character's bank account!
There's just one problem; I have no idea how to make any use of it. My normal method of converting decimal to hex didn't yield any results, but I did know that the value would consist of 4 bytes. I eventually did find it, but due to the way the value shows up in the RAM, I have no idea on how I should go about editing it.

The address range in question is 0x6B8C to 0x6B93. I had 17,228,273 bells in my savings account when I dumped my RAM, and this appeared as 07 20 90 D8 B5 B1 14 49 in the RAM dump. 0106E1F1 is the hex form of 17228273, but it seems to have no correlation at all with 072090D8B5B11449. I'm not extremely knowledgeable on the subject of programming (as interesting as I find it to be), so I'd really appreciate some help with this.

On a better note, I've figured out emotions. More info on those coming soon.

Really nice. I can't seem to find the ABD in the furniture list or the list as a whole though, is it not in there?

Seems like it's missing. Those exterior preview pieces that Tom Nook displays in his shop don't appear to be on the list either. The player can't normally get them, but they act like regular furniture items, from what I've seen.

Goshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's just one problem; I have no idea how to make any use of it. My normal method of converting decimal to hex didn't yield any results, but I did know that the value would consist of 4 bytes. I eventually did find it, but due to the way the value shows up in the RAM, I have no idea on how I should go about editing it.

The address range in question is 0x6B8C to 0x6B93. I had 17,228,273 bells in my savings account when I dumped my RAM, and this appeared as 07 20 90 D8 B5 B1 14 49 in the RAM dump. 0106E1F1 is the hex form of 17228273, but it seems to have no correlation at all with 072090D8B5B11449. I'm not extremely knowledgeable on the subject of programming (as interesting as I find it to be), so I'd really appreciate some help with this.

Seems like it's missing. Those exterior preview pieces that Tom Nook displays in his shop don't appear to be on the list either. The player can't normally get them, but they act like regular furniture items, from what I've seen.

That's too bad. I suppose if the creator feels like he wants to fix it it'd be nice, but until then I can settle without it.

NeoKamek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

A lot of numeric values in this game seem to use some kind of 64-bit floating point value, but the hex values don't seem to correspond to anything I'm familiar with. To further complicate matters, even the slightest adjustment to these values causes all 8 bytes to change. I did, however, manage to tweak the values without breaking things. I'll be releasing LeafTools this week with tools to break the bank and hack your island medals, but in the meantime you can try these values:
Code:
Player 1 bank: 0x6B8C
Player 1 wallet: 0x6E58 (Careful using values above 99,999)
Player 1 island medals: 0x6B9C
Turnip prices: 0x6535C (there are 12 64-bit values, corresponding to AM and PM prices for each day of the week excluding Sunday)
    0x2AC9B1E3
    0x4109E000
    0xE3911E31
    0x7D0D5687
    0x5D1E3420
    0x8915155D
    0x8CF95678
    0x0D118636
    0xE39249F1
    0x69030000

Remember to reverse the byte order if you're hex-editing this directly into a RAM dump.

NeoKamek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Emotions are something I've wanted to look at but haven't found the time. Are there inaccessible but working emotions like in Wild World? I can think of a small handful that I wouldn't mind putting on my character, assuming the lack of an icon doesn't make the game flip out.

Also interested in unobtainable furniture items, especially the train station and museum lockers. Would be nice to put these in a player house so that any player or visitor could access their inventory without having to go back to the station.

Goshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Search "Bellpoint" :)

Oh, thanks!

Another question I have is if we'll be able to edit our river or get rid of a pond or two in the future if we aren't able to already(which I wouldn't know of because I'm extremely new to this thing and haven't touched my town yet) or if it's even possible to do so without a terrible corruption of some sort.

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
Also interested in unobtainable furniture items, especially the train station and museum lockers. Would be nice to put these in a player house so that any player or visitor could access their inventory without having to go back to the station.
I removed the preview house pieces because I thought they were going to crash. I can readd them so you can try them.
That special lockers idea sounds good! I hope someone finds the ids.
Really nice. I can't seem to find the ABD in the furniture list or the list as a whole though, is it not in there?
Swtich item list to ENU. That item has a different name in EN.
I found 3 question marks (?). They are, Treestump (heart), Treestump (4 leaf clover), Treestump (butterfly). Please add them.
Please post their ids.

Reactions: Deleted User

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
Oh, thanks!

Another question I have is if we'll be able to edit our river or get rid of a pond or two in the future if we aren't able to already(which I wouldn't know of because I'm extremely new to this thing and haven't touched my town yet) or if it's even possible to do so without a terrible corruption of some sort.
Acre editing is definitively possible. But I can't spend time into RAM investigation right now :-( So we'll need someone else to find them.

froggestspirit

Aspiring Game Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, thanks!

This is something I might look into. If someone would like to do a few dumps, it would speed up the process (though i might do it myself). I found the template data in the rom for the map generation, but i'm not sure how it works, i'll have to figure out the format, and maybe the size of chunks it uses first.

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
This is something I might look into. If someone would like to do a few dumps, it would speed up the process (though i might do it myself). I found the template data in the rom for the map generation, but i'm not sure how it works, i'll have to figure out the format, and maybe the size of chunks it uses first.
I'm guessing the acre system works the same as WW. So it may be like this:

* The map uses 5x4 acres. Every acre is made of 16x16 tiles, which is what we've been editing until now.
* The game has a predefined acre database, so we cannot modify those acres (acre information can include river, waterfalls, ponds, sea coast, even concrete parts of plaza or Re-Tails)
* However, we can edit which acres will appear in our town.
* There is a fifth row of acres which would be the train track.

Reactions: froggestspirit

froggestspirit

Aspiring Game Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm guessing the acre system works the same as WW. So it may be like this:

* The map uses 5x4 acres. Every acre is made of 16x16 tiles, which is what we've been editing until now.
* The game has a predefined acre database, so we cannot modify those acres (acre information can include river, waterfalls, ponds, sea coast, even concrete parts of plaza or Re-Tails)
* However, we can edit which acres will appear in our town.
* There is a fifth row of acres which would be the train track.

I should have more time to look into it later, but I remember the WW editing days well. FWiW, the town template data (there are 2, one for left side beach, and one for right side beach) are each 2240 bytes, and appears to be all in shorts (2 bytes per whatever the data defines). I'm guessing that making your town a peninsula should be possible

Reactions: marc_max

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
When i inject my ram file edited,

"go inside your home and then go outside again."

Yeah, but after i can't see my edit...

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
Here is an example of acres (took an image that someone posted a few days ago):
acnlacres.png

It would be cool if we could rip the acres thumbnails from ingame so I could add them to my editor. I remember the old WW editor that Aibo had to remade them manually.

Reactions: froggestspirit

Goshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Acre editing is definitively possible. But I can't spend time into RAM investigation right now :-( So we'll need someone else to find them.

Well it's good to know that it's at least possible. Thank you, if someone manages to make it happen I'll be excited to hear it.

MrDavidPerson

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
This is a wonderful editor I have been having a lot of fun testing it out,
I discovered that if you have a public works project that is still under
construction and you move it with the building editor it will no longer be
under construction and on top of that it will allow you to start working
on your next public works project the same day as if you never started
the previous public works project.

Totally Tim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A lot of numeric values in this game seem to use some kind of 64-bit floating point value, but the hex values don't seem to correspond to anything I'm familiar with. To further complicate matters, even the slightest adjustment to these values causes all 8 bytes to change. I did, however, manage to tweak the values without breaking things. I'll be releasing LeafTools this week with tools to break the bank and hack your island medals, but in the meantime you can try these values:
Code:
Player 1 bank: 0x6B8C
Player 1 wallet: 0x6E58 (Careful using values above 99,999)
Player 1 island medals: 0x6B9C
Turnip prices: 0x6535C (there are 12 64-bit values, corresponding to AM and PM prices for each day of the week excluding Sunday)
    0x2AC9B1E3
    0x4109E000
    0xE3911E31
    0x7D0D5687
    0x5D1E3420
    0x8915155D
    0x8CF95678
    0x0D118636
    0xE39249F1
    0x69030000

Remember to reverse the byte order if you're hex-editing this directly into a RAM dump.

Awesome! I'll give it a try later. Will also read up on floating point values, since I'm not all too familiar with how those work.

Emotions are something I've wanted to look at but haven't found the time. Are there inaccessible but working emotions like in Wild World? I can think of a small handful that I wouldn't mind putting on my character, assuming the lack of an icon doesn't make the game flip out.

There doesn't seem to be any unused ones. There are a few empty IDs within the string of valid IDs though, which leads me to believe that there may have been more than 40 at one point. However, any value that doesn't correspond to a valid emote just shows up as an empty slot in the game, unfortunately.

Goshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great work so far! Just 2 suggestions:

1. Is it possible to display coordinates on the side when editing the map? Right now I'm putting objects in the game where I want to edit and going from there.
2. Would it be possible to show in the editor where the buildings are in the town map, using the coordinates given in the "Building" tab? So that it can be easier to see stuff like houses, bridges, water, ramps, etc.

Those are my only concerns, but still, this is so exciting! Props to marc_max and all the contributors!

Ah yes. That would be a GREAT addition to this entire thing.

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol