Hardware Sourcing Parts of the New 2DS XL

Sythen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Good afternoon all! I was wondering if you could help me.

I'm trying to find a replacement Power socket for a New 2DS XL i have sat on my bench, and i seem to be having issues finding one.

I've seen a few listings online for the part and they SAY its compatible with the 2DS XL, but the image they show is not the right part.

So if anyone could point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it!

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good afternoon all! I was wondering if you could help me.

I'm trying to find a replacement Power socket for a New 2DS XL i have sat on my bench, and i seem to be having issues finding one.

I've seen a few listings online for the part and they SAY its compatible with the 2DS XL, but the image they show is not the right part.

So if anyone could point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it!
2DS XL is the same one for DSi/DSi XL

Sythen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
2DS XL is the same one for DSi/DSi XL
Hey Shadow! thanks for chiming in.

I did read that, and ordered one, but the footprint is completely different sadly.

Attachments

• IMG_20200820_140846.jpg
    IMG_20200820_140846.jpg
    532.9 KB · Views: 194

Sythen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks TurdPooCharger, i did see those, but they are also the wrong footprint.there is a tab on the underside of the connector that gets soldered into the pcb.

Attachments

• s-l500.jpg
    s-l500.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 180
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks TurdPooCharger, i did see those, but they are also the wrong footprint.there is a tab on the underside of the connector that gets soldered into the pcb.
No lucky on my end finding that exact n2DSXL power port on Aliexpress. It seems like ep-game-supply is/was the only vendor of that part. Looks like they delisted a lot of their inventory due to slow sales downgradetime.
You may have to resort to clever retrofitting and modifying the NDSi / 2DS charger port by clipping the two front prongs and adding a plastic insert (think shaved/sanded LEGO flat piece) to level the connector.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: +1