Hacking Official [Source Release] ReiNand CFW

soetem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok thank you. I'll just wait. I was just worried that something was screwed up with my emunand and I hardly touch the ambassador gba games or four swords so I didn't know how long ago I broke something or what to look at fixing. Thanks for all the clarification.

Reactions: CrimsonMaple

Cyber-boy

Trophies
XP
Country
Bolivia
CrimsonMaple
Hi! Tell me please, will there be a boot menu in the next update? If so, will it have overclocking option to 804 mHz like in Luma?
And will it be possible to use the Internet browser? Now a window appears about the need to update the system.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
CrimsonMaple
Hi! Tell me please, will there be a boot menu in the next update? If so, will it have overclocking option to 804 mHz like in Luma?
And will it be possible to use the Internet browser? Now a window appears about the need to update the system.
ReiNAND's main goal is be extremely minimal, so the idea of a boot menu goes completely against that goal. Hell, right now it's been a real struggle trying to get things like to reboot patches and TWL/AGB patches with a minimal approach.
You would have to remove the upgrade warning or you could update ReiNAND to the latest version with the latest firmware.bin. That will allow you to actually update the system.

Reactions: Cyber-boy

CrimsonMaple

Developer • She/Her
Trophies
Website
crimson.ninja
XP
Country
United States
CrimsonMaple
No. I want to keep ReiNand as simple as possible. All things that can't be reasonably patched without CFW will be. Use NTR for L2+Clock. Like what @Crystal the Glaceon said, a boot menu goes against the minimalistic nature.
I don't know if I will patch the browser nag.

Last edited by CrimsonMaple,

CrimsonMaple

Developer • She/Her
Trophies
Website
crimson.ninja
XP
Country
United States
I am on 11.1 is it safe to update on 11.4 ?
I am on reinand

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
First off. Nice phone. I'm jelly. Second. Yes it is safe. Update to RN v 5.1 and download the Firmware.bin off of github. It's in /data, put that into "/rei/" on the SD

aemira

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I'm using some old version of reinand. Should I be updating straight to 5.1 or should I update to 5.0 and then to 5.1? I'm on emunand 11.2 and I want to update to 11.4.

Looking at the 5.1 files, I see some different things that I'm unsure about. My old /rei/ folder has an emunand folder, thread folder, firmware.bin, and splash.bin. The patches folder in the 5.1 reinand is throwing me off a bit. I assume I just replace the old /rei/ with the new /rei/ entirely in the same place? I know where to replace everything else.

I never updated it ever since the day I set it up so please forgive my noobness. Also I use menuhax (or is it browserhax). I boot straight to homebrew launcher and then launch reinand through there.

Edit: I replaced the old files with their new versions and replaced the entire /rei/ folder. I just get a black screen when I try to start reinand.

Last edited by aemira,

CrimsonMaple

Developer • She/Her
Trophies
Website
crimson.ninja
XP
Country
United States
Hi I'm using some old version of reinand. Should I be updating straight to 5.1 or should I update to 5.0 and then to 5.1? I'm on emunand 11.2 and I want to update to 11.4.

Looking at the 5.1 files, I see some different things that I'm unsure about. My old /rei/ folder has an emunand folder, thread folder, firmware.bin, and splash.bin. The patches folder in the 5.1 reinand is throwing me off a bit. I assume I just replace the old /rei/ with the new /rei/ entirely in the same place? I know where to replace everything else.

I never updated it ever since the day I set it up so please forgive my noobness. Also I use menuhax (or is it browserhax). I boot straight to homebrew launcher and then launch reinand through there.

Edit: I replaced the old files with their new versions and replaced the entire /rei/ folder. I just get a black screen when I try to start reinand.
Well. That's because you are running a new native-firm without the rest of the firm. So if you have the old firmware.bin just replace the one in 5.1. Then update, and replace that firmware.bin with the one on the github. Not the release. It's in /data.

Last edited by CrimsonMaple,

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Well. That's because you are running a new native-firm without the rest of the firm. So if you have the old firmware.bin just replace the one in 5.1. Then update, and replace that firmware.bin with the one on the github. Not the release. It's in /data.
Y'all should really get around to replacing that one file. Would save on the extra steps when updating.

aemira

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, I did replace my old firmware.bin with the one in 5.1 release. Was I not supposed to replace my other files or...? From what I understand, I'm supposed to use the 5.1 release firmware.bin first. Update, then replace it with the one in /data. Not sure where exactly I'm going wrong.

CrimsonMaple

Developer • She/Her
Trophies
Website
crimson.ninja
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, I did replace my old firmware.bin with the one in 5.1 release. Was I not supposed to replace my other files or...? From what I understand, I'm supposed to use the 5.1 release firmware.bin first. Update, then replace it with the one in /data. Not sure where exactly I'm going wrong.
Well. Since you didn't update first. You needed to update to v5.1 but not use the included firmware.bin. after that you would install the new update on the 3ds. Then, you would have grabbed the newest firmware.bin in /data.

aemira

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well. Since you didn't update first. You needed to update to v5.1 but not use the included firmware.bin. after that you would install the new update on the 3ds. Then, you would have grabbed the newest firmware.bin in /data.
Okay before I try this, let me know if I'm understanding the steps right.
I should replace all the old files with their 5.1 versions as well as the entire /rei/ folder, but leave firmware.bin alone (so keeping my original one). Then I update like I normally would in system settings. Then I finally replace my firmware.bin with the one in /data?

I'm so sorry I need to be walked through like a kid. ;;

Lostdelirium

Trophies
XP
Country
NTR doesn't work on ReiNand since I haven't finished the svcbackdoor code. So no k11 access. I am currently working on a solution. Its on the way.

Ah this is the answer I was looking for. Couldn't work out why the new NTR doesn't work on 5.0 or 5.1 as I was aiming to stream from the 3ds.

Love your work btw. Been on Reinand for many many MANY years and it's never hiccuped <3

EDIT: Literally made this account just to thank you.

Last edited by Lostdelirium,

CrimsonMaple

Developer • She/Her
Trophies
Website
crimson.ninja
XP
Country
United States
Okay before I try this, let me know if I'm understanding the steps right.
I should replace all the old files with their 5.1 versions as well as the entire /rei/ folder, but leave firmware.bin alone (so keeping my original one). Then I update like I normally would in system settings. Then I finally replace my firmware.bin with the one in /data?

I'm so sorry I need to be walked through like a kid. ;;
Yes. That is if you have the original firmware.bin from the pre v5.1 update.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Playing the Judge Dredd arcade game prototype lol I can see why they didn't finish it but at the...