Hacking Official [Source Release] ReiNand CFW

AtlasFontaine

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I've stated that before, but a mod came bashing at me telling me about being busy in life.
Ok sure, I get that, all the mods have different timezones and at times could be busy in life.
This is why this site needs more mods, maybe a few from a different timezone. That way we can have mods being active no matter what time of the day it is. If someone's busy, no biggie, there's some other mods still on to help.

I volunteer as tribute to be a mod for the PST/PDT timezone.

This site needs to change how posting work, in this zone threads like "HALP PLS" shouldn't be allowed, maybe change this sub forum to "Devs Only"? and use "FAQS and tutorials" as a tech support area.

Reactions: Kuroi-Akira

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This site needs to change how posting work, in this zone threads like "HALP PLS" shouldn't be allowed, maybe change this sub forum to "Devs Only"? and use "FAQS and tutorials" as a tech support area.
Make it like the r/3dshacks subreddit.
Help threads are no longer allowed, since it was bombarded with questions you can easily find.
What we do now is make a weekly Q&A thread so people could spam questions in there instead.

https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/4chbif/the_positive_and_negative_effects_of_plailects/
Just look at this data, it'll surprise you.

Reactions: Kuroi-Akira

AtlasFontaine

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Make it like the r/3dshacks subreddit.
Help threads are no longer allowed, since it was bombarded with questions you can easily find.
What we do now is make a weekly Q&A thread so people could spam questions in there instead.

https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/4chbif/the_positive_and_negative_effects_of_plailects/
Just look at this data, it'll surprise you.

That's pretty good! devs should be posting their work in that place instead of this forum whose mods gives 0 fucks about the community.

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not exactly dead for good (yet lol), its just i have enough pressure from IRL stuff that i cant be arsed to keep up with this cfw competition thats somehow became a thing, lol.

Work on your project, try and ignore everyone else's projects unless there's obvious features that are missing that you really feel would be of benefit to your project.

I've become a little jaded as well. I've asked myself "Why am i risking my health by staying up at 4am trying to push code for ungrateful kids on this shitty site?" lol. Trust me though, i have quite a thick skin so its not the shitposters, but its good to know some people appreciate the work.

It's the ones you don't hear about that are usually the most grateful. Don't break your back working on it any more than you care to either. This is a hobby, not a job.

Its more of the fact that im dealing with some demons IRL and trying to secure my future.
And obviously i want to complete RN though, so.. I'm still sneaking updates in.

Understandable, and obviously real life takes priority over a hobby. Wish you the best of luck dealing with your IRL demons, I think everyone has their rough patches that sometimes add extra stress on their free time projects.

Reactions: peteruk

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While you're at it, keep all the CFW garbage out of the homebrew section, Decrypt9 and all that stuff is a lot closer to CFW than it is to homebrew, there's an awful pollution between the homebrew section and CFW that only started with all the scene CFWs. When ninjhax originally launched the homebrew section was actually dedicated to showcasing homebrew.

Reactions: Deleted-236924

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While you're at it, keep all the CFW garbage out of the homebrew section, Decrypt9 and all that stuff is a lot closer to CFW than it is to homebrew, there's an awful pollution between the homebrew section and CFW that only started with all the scene CFWs. When ninjhax originally launched the homebrew section was actually dedicated to showcasing homebrew.

Lets agree to disagree on that one. Although they're tools that are primarily used for CFW setup, they are still in fact homebrew.

AtlasFontaine

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela

Nah, this zone is called "Homebrew and Hacking" for a reason (CFW is hacking) and there is a big portion of devs that work on them, let's not fragment things even further.

Last edited by AtlasFontaine,

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nah, this zone is called "Homebrew and Hacking" for a reason (CFW is hacking) and there is a big portion of devs that work on them, let's not fragment things even further.
That's what it used to be, now it's "Homebrew Development and Emulators" and "Flashcards & Custom Firmwares". Questions about downgrading, upgrading, OTP and other exploit implementations don't exactly pertain to developing homebrew, they just happen to use homebrew platforms like *hax as a method of execution. That and there's a lot of question threads about CFW which always land in homebrew development which always clutters it up and pushes actual homebrew further down.

Reactions: daxtsu

Sno0t

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey everyone,
I have a little question :)
Just updated to reis 3.6b and wanted to start emuNand9 to make backup (want to switch to redNAND and change cluster size)
However, emunand9 is not starting up.
From the homebrewlauncher i get screen fliocker, red screen -> back to HBL
I read somewhere that this might be caused to the cfws used native firm, however, starting to sysnand and using HBL from there didnt fix the problem either.
Can anyone assist me with this problem?
Thanks in advance and kind regards.
Snoot

Also: is there an updated version of A9LH which can startup the 3ds in default sysnand when no SD is inserted?

Last edited by Sno0t,

Gray_Jack

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey everyone,
I have a little question :)
Just updated to reis 3.6b and wanted to start emuNand9 to make backup (want to switch to redNAND and change cluster size)
However, emunand9 is not starting up.
From the homebrewlauncher i get screen fliocker, red screen -> back to HBL
I read somewhere that this might be caused to the cfws used native firm, however, starting to sysnand and using HBL from there didnt fix the problem either.
Can anyone assist me with this problem?
Thanks in advance and kind regards.
Snoot

You have to boot into sysNAND (holding start on boot) and open the HBL and start emunand9 (or using the A9LH version if you have it)

Sno0t

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You have to boot into sysNAND (holding start on boot) and open the HBL and start emunand9 (or using the A9LH version if you have it)
Already tried starting by holding start ;)
still thanks :)
I have the arm9.bin and the arm11.bin from the plailect guide, do I have to rename one of thos to arm9loaderhax.bin to srtart emunand9 directly?

Gray_Jack

Trophies
XP
Country
I have the arm9.bin and the arm11.bin from the plailect guide, do I have to rename one of thos to arm9loaderhax.bin to srtart emunand9 directly?

arm9.bin and arm11.bin are patches of ReiNand, @Plailect guide doesn't give these files (anymore?).
If you do have the A9LH, then you should use a payload manager (arm9select, ctrboot9 and ctrbootmanager9) to get the Emunand9 for A9LH and still boot ReiNand

Reactions: Sno0t and peteruk

Xana

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pressing start still firmlaunches, so ARM9 payloads still won't work.

Sno0t

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
arm9.bin and arm11.bin are patches of ReiNand, @Plailect guide doesn't give these files (anymore?).
If you do have the A9LH, then you should use a payload manager (arm9select, ctrboot9 and ctrbootmanager9) to get the Emunand9 for A9LH and still boot ReiNand
Thank you, will try this :)
(Is there anyone which could be considered 'the best choice'?)

Gray_Jack

Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you, will try this :)
(Is there anyone which could be considered 'the best choice'?)

That depends of your needs, arm9select you name the payloads with the button that you want to load it on boot (without additional files), ctrboot9 needs to setup a file that says what to load with a button on boot, and ctrbootmanager needs to setup the file to load the payloads with a button on boot or choosing with a UI selector

Just search all 3 and see which one fits you most

Reactions: peteruk and Sno0t

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Are you crazy man, FAQS/tutorials is the one where people shouldn't shitpost, no one would ever find any tutorial anymore

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi