Hacking Official [Source Release] ReiNand CFW

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can anyone link me to the safest SYSUPDATER for downgrading a n3ds on 10.3 please

Google SafeSysUpdater. That i the one I would personally recommend. Also be sure to check the Full Title List(s) in my signature for info on titles you will need to download separately.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here you go. You will need to find the firmware file online and place it in the /rei/ folder yourself.

58F906DA282894A525FCCFEDDF5AA11C

Google is your friend!

Attachments

• reiNand 9.6+ (autoboot no splash).rar
    99.2 KB · Views: 150
  • reiNand 9.6+ (press start to boot).rar
    109.9 KB · Views: 107
  • reiNand 9.6+ (autoboot with splash).rar
    109.9 KB · Views: 129

chinesekidx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those who already installed the cfw and updated their emunand to 10.3 in system settings, is the 3D glitchy for you guys? It seemed to be stable in 9.2/9.5 emunand and in sysnand until I updated my emunand to 10.3 prior to the new reinand cfw release

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those who already installed the cfw and updated their emunand to 10.3 in system settings, is the 3D glitchy for you guys? It seemed to be stable in 9.2/9.5 emunand and in sysnand until I updated my emunand to 10.3 prior to the new reinand cfw release
if you mean head tracking is disabled, or it shows double images, close and re-open the system. no, there's no other way to fix this at the moment

chinesekidx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you mean head tracking is disabled, or it shows double images, close and re-open the system. no, there's no other way to fix this at the moment
I restarted various times and booted into emunand but it doesnt seem to work. The more I push the 3d slider up, the further apart the 3d images become. And yeah I don't think the head tracking works either. The red light comes up but whenever I move my face, the 3d doesn't readjust like it's supposed to

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I restarted various times and booted into emunand but it doesnt seem to work. The more I push the 3d slider up, the further apart the 3d images become. And yeah I don't think the head tracking works either. The red light comes up but whenever I move my face, the 3d doesn't readjust like it's supposed to
this is a common issue, with the temporary solution being to close it and re-open (i.e. put it into sleep mode and out). this works until you reboot.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
will this make an emunand or will i have to do that myself?

You will need to do that yourself.

You can use emunand9 (a homebrew tool) to do it, or use gateway's menu.

If you prefer to use GW's menu to do it, download the latest gateway software and put launcher.dat on the root of your sd card and then extract GW_3dsx.zip and put the 3ds folder on the root of your sd card.

Naked_Snake

Constant Miscreant
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You will need to do that yourself.

You can use emunand9 (a homebrew tool) to do it, or use gateway's menu.

If you prefer to use GW's menu to do it, download the latest gateway software and put launcher.dat on the root of your sd card and then extract GW_3dsx.zip and put the 3ds folder on the root of your sd card.
Thanks for the help pal I really appreciate it

Classicgamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If sysnand and emunand are unlinked
Can I safely enter data management on emunand?
Can I enter data management on sysnand w/o hurting emunand cia files?

I have gba vc injects that would be much easier to delete through data management on both sysnand and emunand vs hunting down their IDs to delete with FBI.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Reisyukaku

Regarding the firmware.bin file being from 9.6 and my question on why we don't just use the 10.2 one, it might be a good idea to update to that even if there are no compatibility issues now. I know rxTools is planning on using the 10.2 file, and judging by the dumps people are sending cell9 in regards to NTR issues, Gateway is also using the 10.2 firmware file. It might make it easier on everyone across the board (not to mention reduce compatibility issues for people who like to use multiple cfws) if you were using the 10.2 as well.

Reisyukaku

Onii-sama~
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
reisyukaku.org
XP
Country
United States
@Reisyukaku

Regarding the firmware.bin file being from 9.6 and my question on why we don't just use the 10.2 one, it might be a good idea to update to that even if there are no compatibility issues now. I know rxTools is planning on using the 10.2 file, and judging by the dumps people are sending cell9 in regards to NTR issues, Gateway is also using the 10.2 firmware file. It might make it easier on everyone across the board (not to mention reduce compatibility issues for people who like to use multiple cfws) if you were using the 10.2 as well.
That triggers my OCD lol.. people used to always use the one that just works instead of newest. :T
Edit: also im sure cell9 will cover all firmware versions.. would be silly to leave some out

Last edited by Reisyukaku,
Reactions: peteruk

night_hawk

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ah ok.

What I was looking for was for the game to hang on the 3ds logo. If it did that then it would mean we needed the 10.0 kernel/firmware.bin, not the 9.6 one we are using now. And if we needed the 10.0 one, Rei might as well just use the latest (10.2) revision. Since it got past the 3ds logo it means one of two things. Either the exheader for Story of Seasons checks for an older revision of the kernel (likely since the original game came out on the US with 8.1), or it only checks the major and minor version numbers and not the revision number.

Tbh I don't think we can be certain until another game comes out that we KNOW checks for the kernel. I may download Story of Seasons ;myself and unpack it to check the exheader later.

Btw the reason the game didnt work on the old build but did on mine is because of a bug in the arm9 thread code, specifically the code that handles the version string replacement. I fixed this on my builds.
Story of seasons isn't a good candidate. It is indeed shipped with 10.1.0E update but, his req. kernel is 2.36-0, so fw 5.1.0

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night